This Disappears When Logged In

Eye Caps Wont Shed

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by dzsigmond217, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dzsigmond217

dzsigmond217 New Member

Hello all! Again, I'm new to this forum so just saying a quick hi!

I have a question about my ball python. For the last couple of months his 'eye caps' haven't come off (but he's always had a problem with this). I mist him daily and give him a place to soak if he wants (He hates water for some reason tho..). I've even tried using a little scotch tape to gently remove the cap but it hasn't worked. I think it's effecting his ability to see clearly. Any suggestions on how to remove them? Or a process I can use? Thanks so much! Dianne

2. venus

venus Founding Member

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Are you positive the caps haven't come off?
    Are you checking the shed skin to see?
    BP's eyecaps are known to developed a crinkled look in low humidity that has led some to think the caps didn't come off when actually they did.
    If you are positive the caps are still on the snake use the towel in the pillowcase trick. Do not attempt to pull the caps off yourself. More than one snake has been blinded by over zealous keepers attemting to remove the actual lens of the eye!

4. Skeletor

Skeletor Elite Member

good ol pillow case trick. I've had to use it once before on our bp.. works wonders. lol

5. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I will save you the trip to the other thread:

6. 504boi

504boi Active Member

my snake did this once, all i did was took a q-tip dipped it in olive oil and gently swabbed her eye. it works wonders. she started moving her head back and forth on the q-tip as if she knew that i was helping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.