This Disappears When Logged In

Extraordinary Carpet Baby..

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by VaranusDragon74, Jun 9, 2013.

1. VaranusDragon74

VaranusDragon74 Active Member

20130609_195932.jpg 20130609_200104-1.jpg
    This little guy/girl (Gotham) is not even close to the rumors I hear, about the Morelia species...
    Only struck once, and is becoming very curious, and active. .
    Wasn't really a python guy, but i'm glad I was attracted to the patterns, and looks of the Morelia snakes..

Hope to find another (Jaguar or I.J)., and also get a pair of GTPs (Jaya & Sorong or Aru), as well..

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  2. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

Good looking little guy. I had a similar experience, my girl never once hissed, bluffed, or struck out at me. They are so cool. Enjoy!!

3. VaranusDragon74

Thanks man, hoping it stays that way..

Any suggestions, on my next carpet ?

4. diehardislanders

Listen to your heart! hahaha. You have soooo many options. Take some time to read up a bit. Nick Mutton has some cool stuff for sale right now, and a great book on carpets if you want to learn more.

Regarding our placid carpets: this is a prime example of how each snake is so different and its hard to stereotype species. One of the "nippiest babies" (carpets) and ours our sweethearts. I have the "tamest snake" ball python that wants to make my face bleed every time I go near him. lol Gotta love snakes

5. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats on the new guy! Nice looking little guy, welcome to the morelia family! :)

6. VaranusDragon74

I'm researching them constantly, as I did all my reptiles...
    Wanting something nicely patterned and colored, that looks nice, and would make nice babies, if they do lock up..

By the way, what's the largest enclosure you'd put a baby/hatchling in ??

7. VaranusDragon74

Thanks JoeyG... What would pair up nicely, and not make 9-10 foot monster offspring??.. any morphs, locales, and non-9 foot subspecies will be considered.. Just need experienced carpet owners thoughts..

8. diehardislanders

It depends mostly on your preference. The only rule is never breed jag to jag. You can cause and perpetuate some serious neurological issues. Personally, i am into trying to keep bloodlines pure, or trying to purify bloodlines, but your options are limitless. What exactly do you have? Check out some of Mike Curtin's snakes, he has some interesting morphs and is a guy of very good reputation. He has some cool rarer genes he works with.

9. justor

justor Elite Member

My carpet was the same way. She struck at me one time, as soon as I opened the bag that she came in, and since then she hasn't tried to bite me at all. I think the handler plays a big part in their behavior, you are more likely to get bitten if you are nervous around your snake. A confident handler makes for a confident snake.

Regarding what to pair with Gotham (I think you said it was an IJxCoastal), the best recommendation I can make for a mate would be an IJ jaguar, the higher percentage IJ the better.

10. diehardislanders

If you do choose this route (IJ Jag) Andy Jones from Texas and Chris of GeckoDaddy from Utah have some nice IJ Jags. I got mine from GeckoDaddy, and was very happy with the snake and the service. His are also very high percentage. Mine was 93.75% but the ones he is selling now is even higher (96.87%).

And... why not... here is what they look like:
    IMAG1327.jpg IMAG1335.jpg