This Disappears When Logged In

Expert Reptile Advice from a "Botanist"

Discussion in 'Herp Awareness' started by kriminaal, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Good grief! As if the presence of pythons isn't enough to worry about! Now they are postulating the reemergence of dinosaurs in the glades!
    Lets see, if a monitor and a tegu bred and the resulting hybrid crossbred with a python,...
    would that make it a Mon-te python?
    Groan!:eek:

3. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

It's cool to falsely use words like hybrid vigor to make things sound worse. While in the plant world hybrids are normally strong. In the animal world not so, if even possible that offspring are produced.

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Haha, very good Merlin.:D

Very true Titus. Animal hybrids are rarely the epitome of health.

Not sure where all this propaganda fits in with solving any issues.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Perhaps the botanist has been smoking some of his plant experiments.

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

sounds like!

yeah, last I knew hybrids of species that were not extremely closely related, tended to end up being... well, unwell. They often have health problems, or are sterile, or both, or don't even survive gestation. I like how they didn't say that "hybrid vigor" might happen, or it might not be anything at all, but implied that it is a definite...

and of course religious groups want us to believe that the worst will happen - <sarcasm>snakes were all cursed, you know. evil minions, the lot of them. </sarcasm>

Sheesh!

7. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

This is just incredible, like we need more junk to fan the flames. Thanks Merlin for having me spray coffee all over my keyboard !!!!

8. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

It just goes to show you, if it is written in the paper, "It must be true". We all know or should know sensationalistic HYPE when we read it. At the very least, it was a great article to produce a laugh.

When I grow up I want to be a "BOTANIST" so I can tell everyone how much I know about snakes! What a total moron!

Merlin- That was an outstanding thought about Mon-te Python. I thought I would never stop laughing. Kudos to you for your usual razor sharp wit. ;)

9. brnanl0426

brnanl0426 Active Member

this guy is RETARDED!!!!!!!!! and he is a botanist heck i probably know more than him and i'm 15

10. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

This thread is close to a year old.

11. mihomi98

mihomi98 Elite Member

Wow, seriously?

I see it now:

In a world where reptiles are out to kill you, Tegus cross-breed their strongest characteristics to form a super lizard, and Pythons make their way out of their native homes into your neighborhoods, your streets, your very houses! Soon everyone will die as these freaks-of-nature mass produce by the thousands. They'll eat your children, your dogs, your cats, even your sweet little old grandmother. And if you have frogs, toads, turtles, or geckos- beware! These little guys may seem harmless, but they're really just waiting to catch you with your guard down. They WILL grow, they WILL attack, and YOU WILL DIE. Parents, friends, neighbors, beware of reptiles! You don't want them anywhere near you if you value your life at all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.