This Disappears When Logged In

Experienced keepers only

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by Herpmom, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrokadilyanGuy3

KrokadilyanGuy3 Elite Member

Thank you for giving me the opportunity.

So far, the two beasts are doing well. I feel bad for not actually meeting the couple who had them, however, it was a little late for me to get permission (Call or email me and I'll give you the details on this.) to travel the distance.

Hopefully, I'll be able to display them in an enclosure such as they have, kind of a waste making it into a book shelf..

The plus of being a college student - Nothing ties up the living room, except more enclosures..
    [​IMG]

Thanks again,
    Zane

2. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow, amazing animal! Good luck, Zane; you're a brave man!

3. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

You are very welcome Zane....make me proud. They can be quite a handful....please practice safety precautions.

Which one is that.....Miss Muffet or Hanzel?

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Congrats Zane, that is awesome of you to take them in. Good job Toni on finding them a new home, you are super.

5. KrokadilyanGuy3

That there is Ole Hansel.

Thanks again,
    Zane

6. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

thats so awesome. they're really beautiful. glad they found a great home. :)

7. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

What do you feed a snake that big?

8. rbl

rbl MacGyver in real life

Annoying roommates, noisy neighbors, soon to be ex-girlfriends and the list goes on and on ... =)

9. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

I give mine two f/t jumbo rats every other week, but mine's not quite that big. If it seems like he's getting humgray I may adjust, but for now I can't bring myself to buy frozen rabbits.

10. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

They have been fed live rabbits, every 6 weeks. And they were not fed together in the same enclosure. Hansel was fed in his cage and Miss Muffet was fed in an outdoor pen.

Jay I'm like you, I had an 8 ft boa and everyone kept telling me to switch to rabbits or chicks and I just couldn't bring myself to. I would just how many Jumbos she got.

11. KrokadilyanGuy3

Only a few days here, the two animals seem to have taken a liking to the new enclosures.

Here is the male taking a F/T rabbit.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The female, which I'm told has not eaten since Thanksgiving, ate a F/T rabbit as well; Hers was in the bathtub after soaking (water drained). I wasn't betting on her eating, but felt I should give it a try.

She didn't care for us to watch (So no photos) so we shut the lights off and closed the door and a few minutes later, gone; I'm assuming the rabbit didn't wander off.

Both ate F/T and needed no attempt at pretending as if the rabbits were alive. (6lbs)

Thought I should update.
    Zane

12. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

Thank you for the update.

It's great to hear they are eating for you and willing to eat f/t. Also that they are adjusting to their new homes.

Good job Zane !!

13. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

That's great news Zane. I'm glad they took f/t for you.

14. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

good news. i'm sure they'll be happy in their new home. :)

15. samantha

samantha Elite Member

those are so cool! i wonder......would the family give up the living room so i could house bigger herps like that?......holy crap she must have heard me thinking it just got a warning..... "dont even ask your not getting anymore of those critters" and i only ask a couple ..ok a few times a month.lol

16. LMarshall

LMarshall New Member

Zane
    i am in Gainesville as well and beginning rabbit raising for just such as those beauties.

17. KrokadilyanGuy3

Good deal, I'll let ya' know if I will be needing any.

Thanks,
    Zane

18. Brittone05

Brittone05 Elite Member

Sorry if I sound ignorant but could someone please tell me what f/t means???

They are truly gorgeous snakes that you have rehomed Zane, a bit too large for my liking though. Anything that has the potential to eat me and my kids is a no no lolol. It's a shame none of you are in the UK as my brother is trying to rehome his 10' common boa at the moment and I am sure if you were over here, one of you would give him a loving home. Good luck with them Zane :)

19. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Frozen/Thawed. It refers to the type of mice being fed to a snake. Frozen, and then thawed. The others are F/K (fresh killed) and live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.