This Disappears When Logged In

Expecting!

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Dragoness, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi Jen, I hope it all goes well, for one moment I seriously thought by the title the gravid one was you (never mind, soon I hope)!! ;)

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Ha ha totally false alarm! Nope, just the snake is gravid! We are very excited as it is our first breeding project (my mother decided it should be her retirement hobby, and I her partner). More planned for the future.

4. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Congrats, I have 4 clutches cooking right now myself, and may get a couple more still. Might have to bug you if you get any extra visual females.

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

What are you cooking? These will be 100% het pied, no other traits.

6. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Oops, sorry, for some reason I thought your girl was het pied. I've been holding out until I can start with visuals.
    As for what I have going, nothing too special, one albino/ het albino clutch so far and hoping for one or two more clutches there, and the rest are doms and co-doms, pastel, pinstripe, enchi, lesser. Was hoping for some ghost stuff, but the one girl that's a proven het didn't go, and the other one is just a possible het, and not proven. Of course I'm in the same boat with my het albino girls, none are proven even though all are supposed to be 100% het. The one did give me a pretty darn good clutch though, 9 good eggs and 2 slugs. I may do a thread with pictures if I get time.

7. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

2 Kayaks and a macro lens? You've been reading my wish list.
    Unfortunately "win lottery" is the top one and all others depend on it. ;)

Darkbird and ferasaeva like this.
  8. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

First and foremost CONGRATS on the new toys. Secondly ,CONGRATS on the breeding project. Looking forward to seeing a nice clutch from your girl. Unfortunately, Dee and I started late this season, and at his rate we won't have hatchlings till late this year or early 2016.

9. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Well, today is her approximate due date, and no eggs yet, but man is she fat and miserable. Any minute now, lol. For the past week, she has been folding and rollin her back half in all sorts of strange positions, probably shifting the eggs around and getting ready to lay them.

10. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Wow, I hate it when that happens. No worries though, I'm sure your girl will produce a very nice clutch. Best of luck and keep us posted.

11. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Well, she laid her eggs the next day (Monday the 15th).

We are allowing her to do incubation maternally. I have a thermometer probe in the middle of her egg pile telling me what temps are, and currently, they are 89. Ambient humidity is 65% in her enclosure. Now for the two month wait.

Here she is!
    Sinthia with eggs | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Darkbird likes this.
  12. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member