This Disappears When Logged In

Exo Terra

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Rango13, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Rango13

Rango13 Active Member

Sry i meant he started shedding 2wks ago

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Have you had him tested for parasites? Is his activity level any different?

3. Rango13

Rango13 Active Member

Yes his activity is all but gone. Have not had him tested yet, and now it looks like his left back leg is miss jointed at the knee. How will he get calcium if he doesnt eat. I stopped the force feed like u said.

4. zippy2013

zippy2013 Subscribed User Premium Member

have u tried offering reptiboost ?

5. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Are you able to look inside his mouth? Can you please post pictures of him.

6. Rango13

Rango13 Active Member

Best I can do for pics sry. The right leg looks ok but the left stays bent and sometimes looks twisted.

Attached Files:

7. Rango13

Rango13 Active Member

If U look real close you can see where the shed stops at the base of the tail. Thats the only part that has shed.

8. AParkin

AParkin Elite Member

The cage you are building will not be large enough for his adult enclosure. Are you planning on making a larger one later? Zen does not usually eat much during his shed. But if its been three weeks with no food, maybe he should see a vet to see if there is an underlying cause. Maybe try tossing a cricket one at a time in to the water while Rango is in the water, Zen loves that. He went about two weeks without eating a while back. I ended up giving him Reptaid and it worked great. His appitite, growth, and color all noticeably improved and he has been eating like crazy ever since. :) also, do you ever weigh Rango? I use a digital kitchen scale to weigh Zen a couple times a week. its a great way to track growth.

9. Rango13

Rango13 Active Member

Yes I do plan on building an adult cage, this one is just for his baby/juvy life I figured with the hight he can be more active in climbing than he can be now, but the leg worries me. We did toss a small cricket in and it crawled right over his head and he just closed his eyes. Was kinda funny just the way it looked, I think I will take him to the Vet. We have tried everything else but not that yet, guess I'll pick some up and try it..
    Thanks for the help AParkin

10. AParkin

AParkin Elite Member

It would probably be better and less expensive for you, if you skipped the smaller cage and just went ahead and built his adult enclosure. The less cage changes he has the less stress he will go through. I had to order reptaide online, I don't think its available in stores. The one I used is the liquid that you have to mix together the first time you use it. It is a ten day treatment, but you absolutly must know how much he weighs so you can give the correct dose. Good luck to you. Please keep us updated.

11. Rango13

Rango13 Active Member

Rango update,

I moved him/her from the living room to my daughters bedroom. Now he sits on his logs and ate 3 mealworms like nothing. Then gives me that (It's about time!!) look. We are still going to the vet just to be safe but I couldn't believe it.

12. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Sometimes as babies they do better in areas of the house that has less traffic. Or he could have recovered completely from his shed and been ready for food. With cwds sometimes its hard to tell what put them off food.

13. Rango13

Rango13 Active Member

Does his leg look odd?
    iphone pics 008.jpg iphone pics 009.jpg

14. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

yes his calf is a little too high so he may have dislocated his hip. Nothing looks swollen or lumpy so I dont think its broken but You should see a vet to get his leg realigned.

15. Rango13

Rango13 Active Member

Well the Vet said it looked like a knee injury. How idk, but said there wasn't much that could be done due to how small the ligaments are. Said to give home therapy exercises once a day by stretching out the leg. In closing he said that he may start using it again or he may always be a little crippled from it. Rango seems to be eating pretty good right now so I guess I'll nurse him until he gets to using it better. Thought anyone?

16. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

hmm...knee injuries in dogs and people I know about but llizards are a bit beyond me.