This Disappears When Logged In

Exo Terra Monsoon RS400 Rainfall System

Discussion in 'Humidity' started by Iggysmommie, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

OK need some feedback if any one is using this system. I am thinking about it fro C's bigger vivarium. If you are using this setup please tell me how you like it or if you have problems with it. If there is something better please let me kn

http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/monsoon_rs400.php

Kathy

2. Reed22

Reed22 Elite Member

ive heard that this is a good product for frogs and such. but C's and Iguana right? if your using tile or some other non particulate substrate the water will just puddle on the floor and depending on what its made of can be very bad. if its for humidity buy a safety first 360 humidifier from target. my baby iguana has it and it keeps his wooden, 4x4x2 at a humidity at 90% on the bottem 70% in the middle and around 50% at the top. hopefully someone whose used it can share some insight.

3. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

When I mist her viv now I get puddles. I have tile for a substrate. Yes shes an Iguana. But I like the fact that you can set it to run anywhere to 1 second bursts or longer rains. It is so hot and dry here I am misting now 5 times a day so the puddles of water would not be there for long if they even did puddle up.

4. Reed22

Reed22 Elite Member

i tried a rain type system before i got marlon. it would just puddle into the bowl i had to put under it. if its drieness you worry about get a humidifier it fills the whole enclosre on high and it lasts 12 hrs.(safety first 360 humidifier) its also only 30 bucks. the rain might work for you, but i think it just gets everything wet adn does humidify the water.

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

6. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

Thanks Mld
    @ Reed where are you located? Some areas I know a mister system would probably not be a good idea, there are other areas that it would work well. I have a friend who has some tropical snakes out here and she has a mister setup that she made herself it does short bursts of fine mist and she doesnt ever really have puddles. Do you know how dry it really is here. Humidifiers are good I am not knocking them, they just dont produce enough moisture for what I am going to be setting up. I run a swamp cooler out here and I still have a low humidity point in my house.

7. Reed22

Reed22 Elite Member

then i guess a mister would work for you. i know here in NJ its fine with just nice ist from the humidifier and occasional sprayings. so if a mister is good for you, i hear the mist king is the best mister but its quite pricey.

8. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Seiously, get an ultrasonic humidifier for $35 from Target. You can set how humid you want it to be, and it will just keep that level going.

9. Reed22

Reed22 Elite Member

a humidifier for 30 bucks works better to humidify an enclosure, the misting systems just finely mist and wet everything, the humidifier keeps the air humid. the cheapest mist king is 110 $ and the exo terra on is around $100. so you can buy 3 humidifiers for the price of one mister/rain system. also, the misting systems are more for chameleons i believe, they need the wetness to drink and they come from the rainforest where it rains alot. humidity is different than wetness. iguanas need the humidity withou the sopping wet enclosure.