This Disappears When Logged In

Exo Terra Light Cycle Unit

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by Sroufe7, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sroufe7

Sroufe7 Active Member

Does anyone have one, or know someone that does?

It looks like a nice setup (would probably be nicer if it was in a hood) and I have looked for reviews on it and haven't found much.

I'm not really worried about the price of it, just want an honest review of it.

I'm working on setting up a RETF cage 18x18x24 and just slowly getting parts/pieces.

Thank you for your input.
    Scott

2. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

The products price is nomal for what it does if you think you need it. It needs to be used with two tubes and cycles the lights up and down to full power one at a time (taking one hour to due so) to make a sunrise/set effect. You can buy starters for light sytems that will do the same for about $75 each.

3. Sroufe7

Sroufe7 Active Member

I'm not worried about the price, I'm just wondering if they are good or if a regular style light setup is better.

Ya, if I got it I was looking at one 18" Repti Glo 2.0 and one 18" Repti Glo 5.0

I'm buying all new stuff and would rather buy the good stuff right away than have to rebuy later for buying something that doesn't work well.

Thank you for your input.
    Scott

4. Sroufe7

Sroufe7 Active Member

I found a few reviews on this unit, and they seem pretty nice.

I ordered one up last night, so we'll see how it goes.

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Are you using that on your RETFs? If so a 5.0 UVB is going to be too strong for them. 2.0 is just dandy.

6. Sroufe7

Sroufe7 Active Member

I should go with 2x2.0 bulbs then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.