This Disappears When Logged In

Exo Terra Fogger? No Light No Fog

Discussion in 'Humidity' started by cslammon, Dec 12, 2009.

1. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

I have it plugged in, and its in the water dish, but the "on light" isn't on.. I plugged it in 4 hours ago and still no fog? Am I doing something wrong? The water is just over the black part that it's required

Edit - Just took it out and put it in a shallower dish in the kitchen, works great but throws LOTS of water and the water coming out is pretty **** hot. I will be returning this tomorrow. You can keep this up for informational purposes as a review or whatever if you'd like. Or delete it, doesn't matter.

2. CTScrivener

CTScrivener Elite Member

Yeah, that's pretty much how it works. It is picky when it comes to depth of water, I was able to get mine to work in about 4-5 inches of waer to reduce the splashing and such....before I returned it that is.

The fogger heats up the water quickly and I believe it is actually written on the paperwork that it shouldn't be used in a place where your herps could sit on top of it or too close to it due to the hazards of burns.

I used it for awhile but it kept using up the water too fst for any good long term use for me.

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I just use a Vicks warm steam humidifier. I have it set up UNDER my cage, and the steam goes up through a vent in the floor of the cage, so my CWD can't get too close. The steam temp at the vent is in the low 90* for temp - not dangerous at all, and she doesn't hang out there anyways, but it steams her cage up nicely, and creates a very high humidity (usually 75-90%) that she likes.

4. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

I can't really put it under my tank, but I was thinking about getting a humidifier and routing some tubes into the tank from the side through to the top and let it dump in there that way. Think that'd work?

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

There are many people who do just that!

6. jazzoftn

jazzoftn Member

i use the fogger not to thrilled with it but i use mine in the base of my waterfall so the water wont get to hot an the splashing is not that big of a deal with it there. my lite will go out from time to time i just shake it around in the water an it seems to come back on Im thinking of doing the humidifier thru the top myself

7. Jake

Jake Member

I was wondering about using a people humidifier for animals. When I get my new lizard I will try this.

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Human humidifiers are fine and are better made than the petstore type.

9. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

If your enclosure is big enough you can also put a coolmist humidifier inside the enclosure. I have a vics coolmist humidifier inside the enclosure and as long as I keep up with filter changes (about once a month) my humidity runs around 70%.

10. Uamenti09

Uamenti09 Elite Member

I use the vicks warm humidifier..I want to figure out a way I can get tubes running into the inside. pretty awkward shape. any tips? I got 2 good sized little holes on the side I could run the tubes through if theres someway I can use it

11. 09agleb

09agleb Elite Member

those things drive me nuts! i can never get it to run for more than 3 hours at as time because the water evaporates in their cages fast, i have it in my waterfall and i dont use it much anymore

12. rene13c

rene13c Member

Does anyone know of an good foggers for terrariums?
    i think they look really cool and want to get one