This Disappears When Logged In

Exo Terra 10.0 Conpact Warning.

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by titus, Mar 8, 2010.

1. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

I'll start off my saying I've used alot of different lamps in my cages. Many from Exo Terra and have had no problems with the 2.0 or 5.0 lamps with my animals. 3 days ago I installed a exo terra 10.0 compact in a med sized cage for one of my Bearded Dragons. Within 1.5 days she started showing signs of photo-kerato-conjunctivitis. When I saw this I removed the light and will be replacing it today. I warn everyone not to use the Exo terra 10.0 for their animals. I am not saying that all compact lamps are bad. I've used the 2.0 and 5.0 with out ill effects for over 2 years.

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

We have been advising against using anything stronger than a 5.0 for those compact bulbs, for exactly that reason. Stupid things should be taken off the market.

3. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

I have to agree. I've had no problems before with the exo terra compacts and really didn't think twice about trying the 10.0 as it was not a bulb listed in the UVguide.co.uk report from 2007, and I had no problems with their other compacts. Normally German made products are well made and tested. I sent them off a nasty gram last night. I hope they review their product and take the proper actions. Our bearded now has a Arcadia D3+ linear fluorescent bulb, daylight linear fluorescent, and her basking bulb. An seems to be improving already.