This Disappears When Logged In

Escapee

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by Strutter769, May 11, 2012.

1. Strutter769

Strutter769 Member

Does anyone have a design for a good snake trap? Missing a yearling BRB. I did the water bottle trip, but the mouth was too wide. Luckily it had a squirt top I modified to what I felt was the right size, slightly smaller than the pinky I placed inside.

Any other ideas? I also know about the powder to try and capture tracks also.

Anyone have anything different? Please?

Thanks!

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Mine escaped last October - though she is not a yearling by any means. She did not even leave the room, despite the fact she could easily fit under the door.... My advice is to look thoroughly in the same room you keep the cage in. I found mine when she emerged, just after shedding. I did not find her hiding spot until later, when I rearranged furniture in that room. She had apparently hidden underneath a shelf that I had dismissed as a possibility because of it being screwed in place to the floor/walls. Don't underestimate them.

you may also try housing live prey in a cage she cannot get into, and supplying several tight hide-boxes in the immediate area she will hopefully utilize while she waits for an opportunity to ambush her prey.

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

That sucks, he likely didn't go far, near a heat source!
    You can place out a heating pad with a hide and water dish, hopefully he will come by.

Best of luck hopefully you find him soon.

4. Sophie

Sophie Member

I've heard about setting sound traps. In other words, tape down a few plastic bags (apparently near the baseboards is your best bet) and then shut off all the light. Sit still with a flashlight close at hand, and just listen for any crinkling.

best of luck, hope you find the little guy! :)

5. xViLLaiN

xViLLaiN Banned User

Me and my wife used to have a King Snake who was a pro at escaping. No matter how hard we try, every now and again he would escape. When that happened, we usually would run straight hot water in our bath tub and let it sit over night and 99% of the time he would be soaking in it the very next morning, sometimes even a few hours later we would find him. I hope that you find him soon, it's all a matter of playing a very good game of hide and go seek with some of the world's best players, haha.

6. xViLLaiN

xViLLaiN Banned User

Also if you have any equipment that runs 24/7 (like a cable box), if there's a place for them that they could possibly get in at, it's worth a shot. My wife just reminded me the time we found the little guy laying underneath our cable box, trying to get in a hole that was just a little too small for him at that time.

7. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Some kind of powder. Sprinkle it on the floor in a room. Once you have that room ruled out. Seal it off and move on to the next.