This Disappears When Logged In

Escaped Burm

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by Pharoahound, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

My uncles 10 foot burm got out earlier this morning and we have been walking on eggshells all day. Having locked the cats, dogs and hedgehog in the bathroom and we were looking everywhere...we figured it had to have gone outside. So we searched and searched with no results of course. Dreading now we sat back on the couch inside and we getting ready to call the police or the wildlife department and tell them when we all looked up. And the absolute creepiest omminous noise crept down from the air vents in the ceiling. She was in the attic! Safe to say there wasn't many volunteers to go up into the creepy dark attic to retrieve her. But we did and hauled her back down and she was glad to soak in a warm tub for a while!! That could have ended really bad...and in all the years my uncle has had her that was the first escape. Now we know if we don't lock the doors she can push them open.

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Oh my! I'm so glad you found her!

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

What a relief, that could have been so bad! Glad she is safe and sound, clean and locked in the house :)

4. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

I'm so glad you were able to find her! That could have ended horribly.

5. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

Thank you! I'm so glad it didn't end up a horror story.. We have been suspicious last couple years since she's never got out...it was almost too lucky. But alas all danger was avoided and we and the animals can sleep sound tonight!

6. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Congrats on finding her and not becoming a really sad news story!

7. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

Thank you, it would have tore me to peices if she got outside an someone saw her and shot her. (in Alabama it's like a law-everyone has to have a friggin gun) or if she hurt someone not knowing any better ugh....we were so worried and she was just chilling in the attic collecting dust lol!

8. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

But in Texas everyone and their dogs have guns.

9. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

And in Canada only the hunters and cops have guns lol!

So glad you found her!!

10. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

In Georgia, only two types of people have guns. The ones that use guns to protect/feed their families and the ones that are not so legitimate. I am glad ya'll found her, I could only imagine the publicity a story like that could get through out the south.

11. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Glad she was safely retrieved. I found out most of my snakes can open sliding glass doors if they are not locked. Now, they all live in a room with only 1 way out, and that's under the door. Most of my snakes wouldn't fit through the fraction of an inch crack, and the ones that can pose no threat to my other animals. I still keep them all under lock and key nonetheless.

I bet you guys get really good ad double and triple checking the locks for the next little while!

12. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

Im very glad nothing bad happened to your uncle and family!