This Disappears When Logged In

Escape!

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by Dragoness, Sep 12, 2011.

1. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I hope she shows up soon for you, I can only imagine what your going through:(

2. Anthony14

Anthony14 Elite Member

It's always the worst to lose a snake, nothing can play hide and seek as good as a serpent. Hopefully she turns up soon, when I lost my ball python I didn't find him for 3 weeks until one morning I woke up to the garbage can tipping over and sure enough he was on top of it trying to climb up onto a ledge.

The best of luck to you, I had no luck with the flour lines across hallways either, so don't worry, you aren't the only one. :p

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I'm hoping she will show her face soon. I figure I'll wait at least a month - she has to get hungry eventually, right?

4. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

True! I know someone went 6 months before they found their bp(turns out he was living in the garage, apparently eating rats as he had a clear lump when she found him!)

good luck! Still hoping for the best!

5. Fangting

Fangting Member

We had a corn snake that went missing, and being the UK we have cold temps during the winter. He survived snow and god knows what else untill he was found wondering up the stairs 6mnths after his escape. Check around any heat source , boilers etc, hot water tanks. Heat mat seems a good idea if you only see signs of her and know to carry on. Good luck,and really don't give up hope.
    Mc.

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I found her! Apparently, she never even left the room! I went in to check on her around 11:00 p.m. and she was slithering under my wire bug rack. The boyfriend had just come home, after being gone 3 weeks, and we found her. She was very aggressive, struck at everything, but we got her back in her cage. Going to give her a few days to get warmed up, and settle down before I give her a thorough examination. She appeared fine, and no signs of wheezing at the moment. No scuffs on her back (means she never went under that door) She was shedding - all the skin was off, but it was off in pieces all over the room. I had just cleaned the room and vacuumed earlier that day, and that wasn't there,.

I'm just glad she's back - and now that I know she isn't in my walls, I am attacking every crack and crevice with Great Stuff, and putting hardware cloth down all my vents, attaching plywood to the door so it goes all the way to the floor, and otherwise attempting to snake-proof my house.

7. justor

justor Elite Member

Wonderful news! Any idea where she was hiding? I'm sure you tore that room up pretty well.

8. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Congrats! Around 6 months ago I failed to put the lid back on good on one of my corn snake cages and he got out. I tore the room apart and looked in every possible place, but couldn't find him. The next day I found him under my bed in a box that I had checked thoroughly. It's amazing how well they can hide isn't it? My snake was only gone for 24 hours and was frantic, so I can only imagine how you felt.

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Glad to hear you found her!
    As for being aggressive, I think that comes with the escape!
    I had one of my corns get out one night (grandkids moved the cover)and I found him a few hours later. The little bugger surprised the dickens out of me when he struck at me. That is the only time in 10 years that he has ever struck at anyone! Even my grandkids handle him.

10. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Instead of plywood, get a draft guard to stick under your door. I put one on my door after my snake got out to prevent any future escapes and there is no way a snake is getting out under the door with that thing.

11. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

Yayy!! I'm so happy you found her!! I bet that's a huge relief!

12. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Awesome news! So glad you found her!

13. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Yeah, Happy Dance! That the best news I've heard all day, I'm so happy for you guys. After you finish snake proofing the house, you deserve a spa day so you can relax and feel stress free.
    Funny how she shows up when the BF comes home, did he take her on a vacation?;)

14. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Congrats on finding her!!!

15. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

Wonderful news! Andrea was certain she stayed in her room. Never occurred to me that she would shed and leave incriminating evidence.

16. Swimmer522

Swimmer522 Elite Member

Yay! Congrads!!!

17. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

Yay :) :) :) :) So glad you found her. I think snakes have a stealth mode being 5ft+ and being able to hide for weeks in a small room. At least you know she didnt get to cold not leaving the herp room. ;)

18. Flint

Flint Elite Member

yay congrats!!!!

19. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Ha ha ha, he was camping under a poncho in the rain in Grayling, MI. Very cold.

It was very good news indeed. I called my mom at 11:00pm to tell her, and we were both racking our brains trying to figure out where she could have been. We tore that room apart - we looked under, on, beside, between, behind, inside everything. we moved cages there was NO chance she could have gotten under. It's not a huge room, and exits are limited - we checked between the boards and the window, and my brother tore one wall out of my closet. I was ready to bet the farm she wasn't in there. We checked all the fixtures, spare bins, closet, every little thing. I'm baffled.

20. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

That is FANTASTIC news!!! <<<Happy Dance>>>
    In addition to snake-proofing your house; be sure to DOUBLE escape-proof her enclosure!!!
    When they're in shed they tend to feel icky and not want to move much. She probably found a comfy dark spot and stayed there the whole time, but when the itchy skin had to come off, she gave herself away!

I'm so happy you found her! :)