This Disappears When Logged In

enrichments for iguanas

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by holly16, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holly16

holly16 New Member

Can you help me? What are some examples of iguana enrichments. Ive bin suggested 2 tlk 2 this site and i wonderd if u cud help me.

thanx alot

holly

2. prismwolf

prismwolf Well Established Member

Large living area with lots of climbing branches... :p . You can also allow a collard leaf hang from the top of the cage where your ig can reach it and allow it to rip and shred like he was wild. My Zair loves to watch things...bird watching out the window is a fav. He is set in a room where there is lots of activity that he can watch.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hi Holly and welcome. By "enrichment" are you talking about enriching his environment or are you referring to supplements for the diet?

4. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

I referred her here. She's talking about the environment. Things to keep the iggy happy ;) I figured since there's so mant ig owners here, she could get some good ideas.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Cool Matt! Good job!
    As PrismWolf stated large living area with lots of climbing stuff, multiple places to stretch out on different levels. Polaces with visual blocks so that the ig can get out of sight if it so chooses.
    As long as you don't stick them away in a place where they can't see anything and never interact with them there usually isn't a problem with igs being bored.

6. Mark

Mark Elite Member

I agree with what has been said, big cage with lots of stuff to climb on. You can try placing different food items in different places. Allowing a larger ig to roam when the area is clean and ig proof is not a terrible idea. In the warmer months take him outside in the sun and lawn (in a controlled setting with close supervision, leads are highly reccommended).

Most of all just spend time in and around the ig habitat. Currently I am in Bob's cage and he is sitting ontop of my backpack and a pile of books looking out of the cage and out a window.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.