This Disappears When Logged In

English is Not My First Language..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wildheart, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

I'm also a student of the "phonetic" curriculum. It taught me how to spell quickly and effectively. I still remember phonetic rules when I am trying to spell words today. For me, it was a success. :)

Shall I split this out into a math thread now?

2. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

Dominic; Can we talk effectively about Quantum Physics , Advanced Linear Equations, Tangents and Cotangents, can we?;)

3. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

I can be a lot more math-wise than a good communicator!

4. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

And not just ANY calculator - but a $100 calculator!!!:mad: I made my son replace his with his own money when he lost it last year -- then at the end of the year he asked if he could take it back to the store and get his money back! (slaps forehead!!)

Isn't a tangent something that my husband claims I go on when I get mad about something stupid he did???;):confused: :rolleyes:

5. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

In High school I got hooked on using text talk or internet talk and now I've mostly gotten out of it, but I still don't always capitalize when i should.

6. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Being a Moderator on this site has made my spelling and grammar much better than it once was. I spend hours every day capitalizing the "i"s and fixing the word 'definitely' among many others, haha. You ALL keep me on my toes.

7. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Can we not get something like auto-correction worked into our posts?

8. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Rich is working on something right now. I'm not sure how it is going to work though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.