This Disappears When Logged In

Enclosure Curiosity

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by Dragoness, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I'm going to (eventually) get a Burmese python. Could I see some example of enclosure/rooms you guys have made for your own burms to help me brainstorm? I'm thinking a whole small bedroom for the snake, modified accordingly. Any pictures or ideas would be appreciated.

2. leslielenee

leslielenee Elite Member

When Brock and I had Khenan, we held her in an old jewelery case. You know those you see in every jewelery store across America? It was only 4 foot x 2 foot x 2 foot but the glass is near unbreakable and it keeps the heat very well. Also, however, she had full access to the rest of the house just about anytime she wasn't digesting or about to feed. Just my experience. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we did ours.

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I think I know what you're talking about. those usually come with locks too, so that would be handy. I'm trying to figure out if I want to do something like that - have a cage when needed, but let her roam a lot otherwise, or if I just want to devote an entire room to her. If we don't get a big enough house, the part-time cage might be a good idea.

4. leslielenee

leslielenee Elite Member

Well I like the room idea except for the fact that they are natural predators. Sometimes I would wake up and have a 13 foot Khenan coiled up on the top of the nightstand staring at me...Aggg. I should have put THAT up before I took a nap!!!
    And to be honest with you, that was Brock's only reservaion about letting her have the 2nd bedroom was that we were liable to get bit one day upon coming in. It was her room. therefore no pecking order.
    Alot mo safe for her to roam around YOUR area...Though, I'd advise against getting too comfortable. lol.

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

she'd be spending time out of her room cage too. The point of it would be for her to have room to stretch out, even when I'm not around to take her out.

I looked on craigslist just tp see what was available (I'd rather rescue)

very depressing. Someone is offering a burmese and ball as a pair (and they are housed together... ugh!)

6. leslielenee

leslielenee Elite Member

Yeh, I saw that one. Nothing was as tragic as those darn Amazons, though.
    Where are you located that you can see that add?

7. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Florida. They didn't post a locality in their add, so I'm not sure if they are here or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.