This Disappears When Logged In

Emperor Scorpion???

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by biollantefan54, Apr 12, 2012.

1. biollantefan54

biollantefan54 Elite Member

I want an emperor scorpion but I need a little help. Could one scorpion live comfortably in a 50 gal. tank? I know, I know, its big. I am also wondering can it be kept at room temp which is 73" to 75". To keep the humidity up could I mist and if so how many times a day? I really hope to get one as they are awesome looking and it would freak my parents and my sister out. And any tips?

EDIT: Could it live without a lid? The tank is a foot tall. and doesn't have a lid. I just realized that this would be a problem with the humidity.

2. SonnysDragonS

SonnysDragonS Elite Member

Why would you want to use up a 50g tank fr 1 scorpion??

3. biollantefan54

Because it is the only one I have and it would look sweet with all the decor but I could buy a 10 gal. PLEASE HELP THOUGH!

4. bigboas

bigboas Elite Member

I agree I would put two in that big of a tank. I had a colony of central american bark scorpions. I would keep an emporor at abot 85-90 with a rh of 60-70%. Lots of substrate because theu do burrow a lot
    If you do get two make sure they ate either two girls or a male and a female. Two males never work out, very often good lick

5. bigboas

bigboas Elite Member

Personaly a 10 gallon is to small I think if you only want one I would go with a 20 gallon.

6. biollantefan54

Well I don't want two so I might buy a (10 Gal.?). And what 85 to 90 what, temp or humidity? And what is rh?

7. SonnysDragonS

SonnysDragonS Elite Member

Go with a 20g long tank... 85-90 degress(temp).... Rh means relative humidity

8. bigboas

bigboas Elite Member

85-90 os temp rh is relative humidity. I honistly wouldn't do a ten gallon give him room to rome. I would get a 20 gallon. It would be like liveing in a 10x10 room for you all the time in a ten gallon you'll have a happuer animal on a 20 gallon. I've bread them for years trust me on this you don't want him mad.

9. biollantefan54

Okay let me check some prices and which would work better, A under tank heater or a light and should there be a warm side and cold side or should the whole tank be hot?

10. bigboas

bigboas Elite Member

Always a cool and hot side 10 degrees difference with the lights and yea alwaus an undertank heater with them cover at least half the bottom of the tank with it.

11. bigboas

bigboas Elite Member

Heat lamp a day lamp amd a moon lamp wich os puyrple also.

12. biollantefan54

Why cant you spell right? I cant understand you last post.

13. bigboas

bigboas Elite Member

Sorry about that. Your lights you should have a day light a heat light and a moon light they are purple
    I just got out of work so I'm talking to my phone and I don't talk the best.

14. biollantefan54

Oh okay, sorry if I sounded rude. Do I have to get the night light or can it just be dark?

BTW can I just have a heat light if it is lighted 12 hours a day?

15. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

there is no need for a "moon" light at night... a 12 hour photo period is sufficient ...12 hours lights on,12 hours lights off.

16. biollantefan54

Okay sweet.