This Disappears When Logged In

Emperor Scorpion

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by LovetheBaruu, May 25, 2009.

1. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Are you hooked or what!??! *snort* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How on EARTH did you convince hubby of this brilliant plan? You might as well tell him the REAL name of the Flat Rock Crickets at this point -- he's going to start looking like my husband. (walking around, looking at a tank, pausing, shaking his head and moving on!)

That's a common occurrence in my house!

I'd say they are cute, but I can't bring myself to say it with a straight face:eek:

Good luck! I am glad your boys like them -- Zeus and Zach are fun names! They are perfect scorpion names...

2. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

LOL, looking at those photos makes me hungry for lobster:eek: Michael looks at me like I am crazed! He can't comprehend how I can be against trapping the raccoons etc. yet, "Sit and watch that carnage?" That is how he refers to the geckos' table manners. He has given over control of the pet situation, except for no more dogs (what's that? I Double Dog Dare You?!)

3. Frognut

Just Triple Dog Dare Him -- that trumps Double Dog Dare's anyday! And get the pooch of your choice!

4. Frognut

:eek: ACK!! Are Scorpions considered Arachnids?? Oh no!! I got heebies on my jeebies....

I just noticed where your link took me, Kelly. The Arachnid section!
    :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry guys... no offense meant -- I'm out of here!!!!! :eek:

5. LovetheBaruu

Hahaha! I thought you got rid of those "sissy pants" when you began your Flat Rock Cricket colonies!;)

6. Kazooguyz2

Kazooguyz2 Elite Member

Congrats on the new Flat Rock Crickets (hehe *snort* HAHAHAHAHAHA)

7. beefcakemighty

beefcakemighty Elite Member

that's awesome, its amazing to watch them eat pinkies. My guy will eat them from time to time otherwise just crickets.

8. lizerd

lizerd Active Member

when I used to have my emps I put them in a 40 gal with many places to hide and they killed each other one by one but, that's just my curse apparantly

9. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Very cool!! I have grown to like mine a lot. At first I didn't because I didn't see them much, but they soon warmed up to their enclosure. Now I see them all the time. Just make sure that you keep the temps up. Mine dropped a little and my smaller one stoped eating and I think it kinda hibernated. Mine haven't dug under their water bowl, but make sure you have really light hides. Other wise, when they burrow into the substrate the hide might collapse on them. Hope you enjoy them.

10. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

All I know is if you shine a black light on them, They will glow green! even the blackest of the black!

Another thing is that I don't believe any ole black scorpion is an emperor scorpion.
    We have black and brown scorpions all over the place down here.
    They're sting is more like a wasp sting than a bee sting! And then there's the horrible difference! (Run for your lives!)

A bee or wasp can generally sting you only once because the stinger comes out with a little pouch that keeps pumping the venom when you are stung and the bee or wasp goes off and dies full of pride that it has defended the nest!

Ahem! Scorpions can sting you over and over again! And then to be on the safe side they will sting you another 20 times! Their stinger never comes out and it is always full of venom! However weak it may be considering the species!

11. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Wow, I cannot believe I missed this post when you first got them, lol.

I had one in years ago, it was not my thing, but it already had a home lined up, and that was the only reason I agreed to take it.

I can tell you it was the easiest thing I have ever had in my house to care for, lol.

As far as the babies, my local ma and pa pet store had one here that had the babies on her back. I thought that was absolutely fascinating to watch, and so did all my kids, lol. My youngest boy wants one, but I won't let him have one.

I am glad your boys are enjoying them!

12. LovetheBaruu

Jonathan has a black light clasped to their enclosure. They each have their favorite hiding spot although they are often hanging out together. The larger one is more calm and Pandinus Imperator tends to use claws more than stinger, due to the less-than-potent venom. As they age they use their stingers even less. In fact they are ambush predators and grab their food with their claws. I still don't love them :p, but you haven't lived until you have heard a 4 year-old pontificate on the factoids and pronounce P. Imperator.