This Disappears When Logged In

Emergency! Corn Hasn't Eaten In A Month And Has A Lump!

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by Kelbassa, May 20, 2015.

1. Kelbassa

Kelbassa Member

My corn snake is almost 4 and hasn't eaten in over a month. Today I was looking him over (for the hundredth time) and found a lump. I have no idea what to do. I've tried a lot of different ways to get him to eat, but none of them have worked. Anyone know what the lump could be? Maybe he's in pain? He acts completely normal except for not eating. Which hasn't been a problem since he was little. Friendly and handles great. His eyes just started glazing too, but how could he be getting ready to shed when he hasn't eaten anything? I don't wan't to lose him already.

Thank you in advance for any info.

Kelbassa
    20150520_183256.jpg
    20150520_183304.jpg

I keep low humidity unless shedding. Maintain temp between 75-90 Degrees F depending on day/night and feeding. Handle semi monthly now a days (Except for the last month because of the issues). He also drinks plenty of water. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
  2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I'm not sure what the lump is, but you can have a vet diagnose it. What are you using to measure the temps? How is his enclosure set up? Does he have plenty of hides? What type of substrate are you using?

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, I just want to say that the snake can still shed it`s skin even if it hasn`t been eating for a month. I agree that as far as the lump`s concerned the best course of action would be to see a vet.

4. Kelbassa

Kelbassa Member

Hes in a 50 gallon. I have electronic thermostats. He has lots of places to hide. Gets day and night light/heat. Haven't moved his enclosure since before the last time he ate so nothings really changed in his environment. Unfortunately, at least for a few more weeks, an expensive vet visit isn't in the books. :(

5. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Can you give exact temperature readings? What level is your humidity at?

6. MorganLeFay

MorganLeFay Elite Member

Maybe it won't be that expensive...you can ask about prices, and if you find a friendly guy you can maybe negotiate a bit, if you explain you're in a difficult situation, etc. Vets are people too;) The lump could be anything from a no-big-deal-oddity to a small tumour, and it could be that it's actually causing the lack of appetite.

7. Kelbassa

Kelbassa Member

I'm gonna have to try a vet. He let another mouse sit last night. I know it's a long shot to diagnose/give info on something like this, but I appreciate everyone's input. Temp during the day is around 85. Night ranges from 70-75. Humidity is usually at 20%.

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Shedding has nothing to do with eating. It has to do with growth. How are you measuring the temperatures?