This Disappears When Logged In

Eggs !!!

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by kenman1963, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Well folks,,,,as most of you know,,yesterday was my birthday. I thank you all for the wishes and wanted to let yo all know the Herp awareness class at my sons school was a tremendous success. While I was showing off Tolkien, our adult female,,,I noticed she seemed quite large in the middle. Well today is feeding day and when we went to take her out of her hide we were welcomed with at least 14 eggs !!!! Baby Oaketees on the way !!! and the best birthday present ever.

2. SKULLMAN

SKULLMAN Elite Member

thats great hope the eggs do well

3. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Cool

Thats awsome I cant wait till they hatch lol I am glad you had such a great suprise! :D

4. venus

venus Founding Member

wow Ken, that is awesome. Congrats.

5. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,
    Congrats Ken! Time for you to setup some rearing containers for the neos.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Boy Ken that is one GREAT birthdday present!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just be sure to have plenty of Pinkies on hand!

7. SpeacilK

SpeacilK Elite Member

wow, i want a birthday present like that. can't wait till the hatch. GL!!!

8. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

thats awesome! congratulations. you'll definitely have to post lots of pics of them. they're so cute! :D i can't wait!

9. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

How long will this take ken?? I want, I want, I want!! :p
    Congrats on your birthday prezzie(s) lol

10. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

That is a truely excellent Bday gift !!

11. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

That is fantastic!! What a great end to what sounded like a fabulous birthday. Good luck with the eggs. How long will it take for them to hatch?

12. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Congrats Ken, great news, and a great birthday surprize, oooOOOOo little baby okeetees, I want too :p cant wait to see pics when they hatch :D

13. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

An update : Mike Wahaup, the curator of reptiles at Virginia Zoo, was nice enough to personnally stop by the house the other day. Tolkien laid 20 eggs and 18 of them seem to be perfect, 2 are iffy and might be slugs. Eggs are being incubated now and momma is fine. Mike said 60 days is normal so we are looking at the first week of April for the little ones. We took alot of pics but not w/ a digital. So when I get the film developed I will post pics then (next week)

14. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Wow congratulations Ken! Cool birthday present! Who was she mated with? - I didn't even know you were expecting! All excited now, can't wait to get our corns together, just waiting for the females to shed!!!! Good luck with the eggs, I hope they all hatch out healthy and perfect. Looking forward to seeing pics :) Great to hear mummy's doing well too, and glad the presentation at school went well for you - the kids' faces would have been a picture if she'd have popped right there and then :p

15. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Rache,,,we added a second Oaketee in dec (Ringo) and only put them together in mid Jan after 50 days quarinteen. Never expected them to breed so fast. They are nnow seperated to give momma a break. We also got another baby 2 weeks ago,,,and yes we are driving my wife nuts,,,,3 Oaketees and now 20 eggs !!!

16. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Haha, ah how can she complain,, they're gorgeous! :p That's fantastic that they bred so quickly,. I shouldn't think we will have any problem with ours if yours mated so fast - we have 3 adult females (a snow, an anery, and an oaketee) and 1 adult male (normal) who will be breeding this year, more next year. Wish us luck!! :)

17. Joe

Joe Elite Member

Congrats Ken!! Great news mate hope all goes well.

Just a word of warning, start pumping the food back into your female as it is not uncommon for them to double clutch off one mating.

Congrats again :D

18. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

already done Joe

19. Joe

Joe Elite Member

I thought as much mate, just checkin ;)

Good luck again I hope all goes well :)

20. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Thanks,,,Mommas doing great,,,fattening up already. She looks much better every day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.