This Disappears When Logged In

Eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Tortoises' started by SurvivorSteph, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaroba

zaroba Elite Member

awesome pics. those eggs look like wet ping pong balls :p

hmm...since you don't want to hatch them....do turtle eggs make good omelets?

(prepares for flaming due to mentioning eating sulcata eggs)
    hey, at least that way they wont go to waste.

2. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

Hey, no one was upset about someone else talkin about Ostrich Omelets not to long ago. Yes this is slightly different but I think you will find that we don't tend to "flame" people here. We try to be as friendly as we can and discourage "beating people up" like is so common in other forums.

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

i bet the eggs would make a good treat for someone's snake as well...

4. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Hey, I talk about making iguana stew on a weekly basis, we're mature here, we can handle a joke.
    Now where'd I put that recipe for adorable baby seal steaks?

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

if someone mentions frog's legs, i'll kill em!

6. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

HAHAHA! I typed frog legs at first but then decided adorable baby seals might be more offensive.

I mean, who doesn't wonder what these taste like?
    [​IMG]

7. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

Lacey, you're horrid! ;) My brother actually asked about eating the tort eggs... we said, "go ahead." Of course, he quickly rejected the idea! We had talked to giving them to someone with a snake, but there are two drawbacks... 1) we don't know anyone close by with a snake. 2) there's no guarantee that they won't incubate the eggs themselves.

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Actually I have eaten frog legs. :p
    They're pretty good!

9. zaroba

zaroba Elite Member

I actually wasn't joking about eating the eggs.
    All kinds of animal eggs do get eaten, so why not tort eggs?

Like a chicken supplies eggs to a farm, your torts can supply eggs for your breakfest. Don't know anything about how they compare nutritionally to chicken eggs though. Maybe they are healthier for you.

10. SurvivorSteph

I wonder how they'd taste... mild, strong, gamey???

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

No personal experience but I believe I remember hearing that turtle eggs have a sort of fishy taste!
    Probably from one of the PBS nature programs I watch.

12. SurvivorSteph

OK... that clinches it... I will not be eating turtle eggs. I love eggs and I love fish, but I don't think I could stomach fishy eggs!

13. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

I bet the shell is a bit tougher. :p

I love eggs, chicken eggs, all others are not OK with me. I tried Quail eggs, didn't like them. My son tried one of his tiny button quail eggs, fried, he liked it. I almost chucked just watching him eat it. Ewwww. Then I was very mad at my wife for suggesting it in the first place! :mad: Sicko!

Cool to see that they are happy and healthy enough to lay out Steph! Well, go figure, they have the best Mom in the world taking care of them. Must be quite the scene now, cows in one field, tortoises in the other. LOL!

14. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

LMAO...oh you guys are too funny....we had chickens, ducks and geese growing up and let me tell ya, duck and goose eggs are the best richest eggs around!!!! I remember being in school and having one of my classmates asking if there were chicks in the eggs hahahahaha
    I was like..ummm no...are there chicks in the eggs from the store???? geez....quite comical....thanks for brining up great memories!!!

15. SurvivorSteph

I expected the shells to be leathery, but they weren't... they seemed just as hard as chicken eggs. Of course, we didn't break any open... maybe next time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.