This Disappears When Logged In

Edgar's First Outdoor Adventure!

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by ferasaeva, Apr 15, 2015.

1. ferasaeva

ferasaeva Well-Known Member

Two days ago it was incredibly warm here in southeast PA, so I decided to let Edgar get some sun. He absolutely loved it! He was so curious about everything and loved stretching out and sitting in the sun. I was nervous the whole time (even constantly looking in the sky for any birds that may pick on him, though I'm sure its an irrational fear) and I never left his side (of course). Have you ever taken your ball python outside? If so, how often so you take them out?

I'll also add some pictures!
    - Ashley :)
    IMG_3081.jpg IMG_3082.jpg IMG_3088.jpg IMG_3089.JPG IMG_3099.jpg IMG_3102.jpg IMG_3106.jpg IMG_3107.jpg IMG_3108.jpg

kriminaal likes this.
  2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Not irrational at all!
    There are a number of predatory birds that would love to make off with your snake.

ferasaeva likes this.
  3. ferasaeva

Oh my! I don't even know how I'd react. It's probably the worst way I could lose my Edgar. But, of course, it is nature.

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Oh yea, I bet he loved that experience.

ferasaeva likes this.
  5. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

That's absolutely correct! A boy I knew some years ago left his Ball Python outside in his garden in a small tree, and went inside to get something. When he came back outside the snake was being carried quickly away by a hawk. There was nothing he could do.

Ferasaeva, don't leave your snake! Also remember those other less feathery but equally adept predators: dogs, cats, humans, etc.

ferasaeva likes this.
  6. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

It being "nature" won't help when we lose our pet in any way that is our own fault. Since we have them as pets, we actually have to make sure to protect them as best we can from "nature" and what it can do! Your snake may eat a diseased jerbil, or get carried away in a flood, in "nature", but we can certainly try to not let that happen.:) Not while they are in our care and we are responsible.

I also let my snakes out in the park for walks in the grass, but I am their constant guard out there.

ferasaeva likes this.
  7. ferasaeva

Oh I'd NEVER leave him completely alone!

8. ferasaeva

I completely agree! I'd never do anything that could put my baby in danger! I absolutely love coming across people like you who obviously care so much about our furless friends :)

TamJam likes this.