This Disappears When Logged In

Edgar Is Getting Better

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by ferasaeva, Sep 29, 2015.

1. ferasaeva

ferasaeva Well-Known Member

I finally got Edgar to start eating consistently. He was getting thin and worrying me, but now he's already starting to gain weight! For anyone in my situation, don't give up. It's frustrating and extremely stress worthy, but it can be fixed. What I did was look into more uncommon reasons that they won't eat and finally I realized it was a mixture of the pet store lying to me about how his previous owner fed him (I understand that the guy didn't want me to feed live, and I still don't, but it would've helped to know so I could switch him) and his food being too large. I thought his food was right because that's what the pet store told me but I should've checked myself.

Attached Files:

2. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Well-Known Member

I'm so glad he's doing better!

Unfortunately, pet stores often don't know what they are talking about. Thousands of animals suffer because of it, so I'm really glad yours is gaining weight.

ferasaeva likes this.
  3. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Nothing wrong with feeding live if its done responsibly. And pet stores have a few tendancy to worry more about making the sale, especially since they are often trying to peddle setups too. So some will say whatever they think will get you to buy.

ferasaeva likes this.
  4. ferasaeva

Yea, sadly I don't think Edgar was fed responsibly. He has a ton of scars that make me so upset. I've seen people feed live responsibly but there's still a good number of people who don't. And the employee who sold Edgar to me said he had a few of his own and seemed to know what he was talking about at the time, then when I looked into some of the things he said it turned out he was mostly wrong.

5. ferasaeva

Me too! He had me worried for quite some time. I hope to one day have the space and funds to take in reptiles that are kept in the back of the store due to not being 'good enough' to sell. I have plenty of love to share with a reptile army! :p :)

billrogers likes this.
  6. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Well-Known Member

Sounds Awesome! : )

ferasaeva likes this.