This Disappears When Logged In

Eastern Fence Lizards Care

Discussion in 'Lizards - General' started by billrogers, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Kristof

Kristof Well Established Member

They look so cute :) Heres some stuff that may be helpful to you, Sorry if some if its hard to understand I just woke up and its 12:40 am... :(

I currently own a Western Fence Lizard, which I beleive has simular care to these guys.

Housing -
    Make sure to add LOTS of branches for these guys to climb on. (You look good already)
    Also, you said you added a plastic plant which is really good, I mist mine at least once a day

Substrate -
    I would reccommend eco earth. These guys aren't from the desert - they're from our backyards which probably isnt sand (Unless you live on a beach :p) Also these guys generally like to burrow at night.

Lighting -
    UVB/UVA Is important for these guys as everyone above has stated.
    For basking you're going to want around 90f.

Feeding -
    My little guy is a baby. However i have had larger fence lizards and this is what i've observed.
    I feed small - medium crickets/baby dubia, when they are larger you could feed small mealworms

This is all i can think of right now, best of luck with these guys :)

DwarvenChef likes this.
  2. billrogers

billrogers Established Member

Haha, today one kept disappearing and I couldn't figure out where he was going, I was poking around in the cage trying to find him and he poked head out of the sand :) I'll change out the sand for an eco earth/organic potting soil mix tomorrow.

3. Kristof

Haha, they're awesome little pets to have! Best of luck with them :)

4. billrogers

Thanks! Do they have to drink much? It always freaks them out so much when I mist their cage that I haven't seen them drink at all... they should be doing it though, right?

5. Kristof

I normally see my guy licking his log/rock/whatever he's on after I spray. Just spray down the tank once a day and they should be fine :)

6. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Rain (misting) mean run and hide before you cool off. So try not to spray them directly or very hard. As long as the water beads on the plants and the logs get wet you shouldn't have any troubles.

Kristof likes this.
  7. billrogers

Ok, thanks for all this info. I think I will be able to take good care of these little guys.

Kristof likes this.