This Disappears When Logged In

Easier to keep

Discussion in 'General' started by Sean Boyd, Nov 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Boyd

Sean Boyd Elite Member

Which is easier to keep?Why?

A- Marbled geckos
    B- Anoles
    C- Green treefrogs
    D- garter snakes

2. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

That's a tough one. I think it really depends on the individual person and what they're used to or capable of. My vote goes to marbled geckos though.

Anoles are small, fast, and require UVB lighting. They need it warm and slightly humid.

Green tree frogs, being amphibians, are very succesptable to pollutants in their environment. You need a very clean enclosure.

Garter snakes are best if fed mice, but you have to "teach" them to accept mice cause they normally don't eat mammals. Feeding them fish can kll them over time.

Marbled geckos are similar to the anoles, but larger and they don't need UVB lights.

3. tink

tink Elite Member

Agreed.

Although I think GTFs would be easier, that is if you do keep it clean. Otherwise Marbles are larger and more 'beauty'. But none are really 'handable'.

4. Sean Boyd

Sean Boyd Elite Member

Thanks, I think i am going to keep a garter snake and 4 tree frogs. How do you teach them to accept mice?

5. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

They can't eat adults, you have to feed them pinkies and fuzzies. You'll need to gently rub the mice on something that smells like food, like fish or frogs. The snakes should accept the mice, and eventually the scenting won't be necessary. Also feed them earthworms, amphibians, and occasionally fish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.