This Disappears When Logged In

Ease of care?

Discussion in 'General' started by Microscope Jockey, Jan 17, 2005.

?

Which is easiest to care for?

1. Snakes

36 vote(s)
    62.1%
  2. Lizards (besides igs)

5 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. Chelonians

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Crocodilians

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Amphibians

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. Arachnids

13 vote(s)
    22.4%
  7. Kids and/or Igs ;)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. No opinion right now

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

Which of these do you feel is easiest to care for and why?

2. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

I chose arachnids, they are the easiest to care for out of all my pets, :D

3. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Snakes, hands down. Feed once a week, poo once a week, shed once in a while, the rest is playtime. lol

4. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Gotta go with you on that one Jay !!!

5. Amelia

Amelia Elite Member

I guess it all depends on how you look at things, snakes can definately be easy to care for providing you know what you are doing, but that goes for everything else as well..

6. KrokadilyanGuy3

KrokadilyanGuy3 Elite Member

The animal that is the easiest to care for would have to be snakes. Though everything may be easy if you know and can attribute to their needs, with snakes, you can literally toss them in a box and shove it under your bed. Can't do this with anything else, except small nocturnal animals but I'm too cool for that option.

By the way, it's croc-O-dilian.. tsk
    Zane

7. El SD Fan

El SD Fan Banned User

have you ever kept colubrids? they poop ALL THE TIME lol
    but i would have to say arachnids, because there is minimal cleaning involved. in fact, i "never" clean out my arachnid enclosures. throw in some crix once a week and im done...maybe mist a corner of the enclosure when i feed them. what could be easier? i think the ppl that said snakes just havent kept arachnids. because snakes would be a deffinate second in ease of care.
    Danni

8. Ryan

Ryan Elite Member

snakes hands down
    but...the only other herps ive ever had are anoles....
    oh well, snakes still win ;)

but im hinkin about maybe getting a scorpion if theyre so easy to take care of, any one know where i can find some good caresheets

9. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

I promise you all that arachnids are by far the easiest to care for. I would say certain snakes would be 2nd place.

10. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

11. Ryan

Ryan Elite Member

they sound sooo cool, but my dad just got home from work, i asked him if i could get a scorpion. he gave me a quick "no" and went to read the paper...
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I am going to go with snakes. If they are set up properly you could go off for a week+ if you have to and they'd never know the difference.

Other than that dratted human hasn't come around to bother them! :rolleyes:

13. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Not qualified

Since out of the list, I've only owned snakes, I don't feel I'm experienced enough to vote on this one.
    Snakes are very hardy and I find them quite easy to care for... (certainly easier than my best friend's new baby!!!) ;)

14. El SD Fan

El SD Fan Banned User

im kind of disappointed that not very many ppl have chosen arachnids, it MUST be that they have never kept any. the largest tarantula (for example) as an adult needs the space of the smallest snake. how can it get any better than that? if you have an addictive personality, they are great, cos you ALWAYS have room for more arachnids :)
    Danni

15. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

And if you don't have room, you will always make room for more lol :D ;)

16. KrokadilyanGuy3

KrokadilyanGuy3 Elite Member

Yup, can't really make claim of something if you've never had the experience.
    Zane

17. El SD Fan

El SD Fan Banned User

well, i insist all of you who read this post, go out and find a tarantula that you like, and bring it home with you. or better yet, just read care sheets for some of hte more common and hardy species, and tell me what you think, after seeing how easy it is to care for them. hahahaha, how can you vote snakes, if youdont know the care of arachnids?? :p
    Danielle

18. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

If I do,... can I come live with you? ;)

My other half loves herps but she draws the line on bugs!

19. El SD Fan

El SD Fan Banned User

Yes, you can, so long as you bring the bugs AND the herps with you. :)

20. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Definately the arachs. True, there are some more difficult ones out there, but the majority are a piece of cake compared to herps. Lets see, I feed my Ts and water them, not much else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.