This Disappears When Logged In

Dubia Surplus

Discussion in 'Invertebrates General' started by bucher70, Jan 17, 2013.

1. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

My dubia colony has reached what I would guess to be a few thousand. Any, thoughts on how I could go about selling them off, and how much should they sell for?

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Would depend on the availability in your area.
    You could sell established colonies of 500 hundred. Or per piece might be more profitable.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Erich the way I usually see them is at Expos. Usually 20 bucks for 100 mixed nymph with a couple of adult pair.
    Or as Mike mentioned you could sell them as smaller groubps for people who want them as feeders but don't want to mess with culturing them.
    The down side to that is having people you don't know coming to your home.

4. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Post them on Craigslist. You could either do an entire colony (roughly 500) for 100$ or 20$ per 100 or 15$ per 50.

5. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Thanks guys. I've considered Getting a table at the local expo, but its 30 or so dollars for the day, so I'm not entirely sure about it. I think I would like that better than people showing up at my house for sure!

6. DragonsKeepers

DragonsKeepers Subscribed User Premium Member

I got my colony on Craigslist - we met at a neutral location so I never went to his house. He sold adult females for $1 each, adult males free to pair the females, and 10¢ each for mixed nymphs. I paid $65 for about four hundred mixed and thirty five female adults. I felt like I was doing a drug deal out of the back of his car trading cash for roaches. ;-)