This Disappears When Logged In

Dubia Colony

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by Jessica90, May 1, 2012.

1. SpidaFly

SpidaFly Elite Member

Can you tell me who? I've inquired with several sellers about just getting females and they haven't been willing to do that. I guess I could try buying a bunch of old nymphs, but... hmm.

Yeah my water dragon is not eating his crickets. He'll jump on my lap when i take down the roach box, but not crickets. So I'm kindof anxious to get my colony productive.

2. SonnysDragonS

SonnysDragonS Elite Member

I clean my once a month to harvest the babies the main breeding colony

3. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

They do, but if you don't clean it, it will fill up with poop.

Yea, that was me.

That's odd :confused:

Keep them in the 30.

Gosh, if you get 50 more females 10 more males, you'll have babies running out your ears!

Would you be willing to ship some adults?

I'll have to start harvesting the babies pretty soon, now that all my nymphs are molting into adults.

4. Jetbo

Jetbo Active Member

I think the problem might be the water crystals you are using. The pre made yellow water crystals from the pet store has calcium mixed into it which is fine if you are going to feed them all off soon like most people do with crickets. When it's the only water source for roaches your trying to raise the calcium makes there exoskeleton too hard so that they can die trying to molt. Go buy a pound or two of dry white polymer water crystals off of ebay, amazon or wherever.

5. Jessica90

Jessica90 Elite Member

we had those white crystals in the original colony what is in there now i just put in with the making of this new colony i might just start misting the inside and let that be there water source i dont see how there getting water from those crystals and they seemd like a waste to me.... and i got my roaches from a pet store the guy that works in the reptile section breeds colony's at home and has like a group of friends who all breed them so they can keep the prices in the store low and the store is Pet paradise..... in Va beach VA.... at animal jungle in VA beach it is 75 cent PER roach and thats for mediums not adults or anything.... it was crazy

Also i peeked in there today and guess what !!! 2 of the females have them funny things coming out there buts !! woohooo

6. SpidaFly

SpidaFly Elite Member

Wow... lucky... I haven't seen them mating and never seen any of the hatching process. Given the number of tiny nymphs I have, I'm guessing they've only procreated once in over a month. Really sucks.

I never see them on the food, either.

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Thats because if they are selling all their females they are depleting THEIR breeding stock!
    A single male can service several females.

8. Jessica90

Jessica90 Elite Member

yea he sells females i dunno.... i bought 30 from him for 14.99 gues hes not worryed about his breeding stock lol

9. SpidaFly

SpidaFly Elite Member

Well.... duh :D But eventually I'll find someone who has a roach colony bursting at the seams and they'll sell me some females xD

10. SonnysDragonS

SonnysDragonS Elite Member

Check out CNS feeders on Facebook they auction off Dubia almost every day