This Disappears When Logged In

Dubia Colony and Feeder Snail Colony Questions!

Discussion in 'Invertebrates General' started by Jkbauer13, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Jkbauer13

Jkbauer13 Elite Member

Hey guys!
    Couple questions, how many dubia roaches should I get to start a colony to feed a 6 inch savannah and a 3 inch crestie?
    Also, has anyone bred snails with success? I have a spare hang on back filter and 5 gallon tank, any suggestions?

2. thatguy87

thatguy87 Well-Known Member

good question i was just gettin on to look for a place to go get or order some dubia roaches so i could breed for my tokay and since im the only pet store for almost 50 miles figured id use them and sell for savs and beardies..

3. tiffers

tiffers Elite Member

I may be wrong but i ordered 400 dubias to start the colony I got small nymphs so it will be a few months before they breed. Where are you ordering from? I ended up ordering from buydubiaroaches.com they have great reviews and pricing!

4. Jkbauer13

Jkbauer13 Elite Member

I think I'm going to go with the 125 mixed plus 1 free adult pair, i pound of chow, 2 ounces of water crystals, 3 egg flats, and a piece of ventilation screening for 42 $ from theroachguy.com ...seems like a good deal to me!
    Any word on the snails?

5. thatguy87

dont remember site i found yesterday but i could get 100 for $12 $13 shipping included and that was for any size i chose

6. Jkbauer13

Jkbauer13 Elite Member

If you find that site, or remember, let me know!

7. thatguy87

roaches, dubia roach heres one that you can buy 50 to 1000 at different rates and sizes price go up like a dollar per size