This Disappears When Logged In

Drying Greens for Lizards

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by lisas, Aug 30, 2014.

1. lisas

lisas Elite Member

Does anyone have knowledge about weather or not it's a good idea to dry greens for the winter? I have an abundant supply of wild and gardened greens that I'd like to preserve for the lizards. They include chicory, dandelion, kale, mustard, clover, plantain, oregano and more. I'd do 2 batches, one staples and one batch to feed occasionally, based on research I've done concerning their diets. I would reconstitute them with water and feed along with fresh greens from the store plus other fresh vegetables and small amouts of fresh fruits. My lizards are a bearded dragon and blue-tongue skink. Thanks in advance.

2. Lisa123

Lisa123 Member

I don't see why not. I dehydrate a lot of food for my family. No nutrition is lost when dehydrating. I use the excalibur dehydrator, just love it!

3. lisas

lisas Elite Member

Thanks. I plan to hang the greens upside down to dry but I should look into a dehydrator too at some point.

4. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

what was your experience with dried greens? Im going to dry my greens to gind up into dubia food maybe even superworm food. My dragons are picky and wont eat anthing driend but I didn't think of reconstituting with it. DUH...