This Disappears When Logged In

dry skin?

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by SKULLMAN, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKULLMAN

SKULLMAN Elite Member

when i had crown out to-day i noticed 2 spots of dry skin,about an inch from his head the rest of his body is nice and smooth just those 2 spots they are not very big about a 1/2 an inch.is he starting a shead? or is something wrong? :confused:

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Was the last shed a complete one peice one? If not it could be a little patch of left over skin. The skin generally does not get dry in patches.

3. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Could the snake have come into contact with a heat source?

4. SKULLMAN

SKULLMAN Elite Member

no way of heat source contact,and i don`t know the last time he shead i just got him 2 weeks ago.i don`t know if "dry skin" was the right term,it was rougher than the rest of his body i noticed it when he turned his head.it kind of got wrinkley,i hope you understand what i`m trying to say.it didn`t have the flow like the rest of his body nice and smooth and soft,these spots were rough and dry

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Then it is possible that a shed is approaching. I misunderstood and thought that it was visible spot.

6. SKULLMAN

SKULLMAN Elite Member

sorry i was not clear in my first post i thought it my be a shead so i made a moist hide and don`t plan on picking him up for a while,he didn`t seem to like when i touhced it yesterday.so i just put him back in the tank,he has not been in his moist hide yet don`t know if i should worry will he go when he feels the need to?.i also mist my tank daily should i do it 2 times a day? if he is sheading or not.i have 2 corn in there but will 2 times a day hurt my other snake?sorry for all the questions i feel like a pain in the butt some times, but i don`t want anything bad to happen to my snakes avd you guys seem to love giving us noobs help. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.