This Disappears When Logged In

Drip System

Discussion in 'Humidity' started by crossfire027, Mar 28, 2011.

1. crossfire027

crossfire027 New Member

I have a 48h x 32l x 18d tank for my irian jaya carpet python, and i cant get eh humidity to stay with mists throughout the day, I'm considering building a 3 part drip system to help humidity. I'm a bit short on cash. otherwise I'd buy a misting system. Does anyone think this would work

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

What is your setup like? If you have a lot of screening, you're basically trying to humidify the entire room.

3. crossfire027

crossfire027 New Member

It's a front opening cage that's made out of wood, has a glass door that seals fairly well. It has two 9" holes on top for heating/lighting; and four 2" circular vents.

4. kriminaal

I'd start simple and close up the vents..

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I agree. Also what type of guages are you using? If they are not the digital they could be giving you a false reading.

6. crossfire027

crossfire027 New Member

I have a digital zilla hygrometer/temperature. The vents are mostly sealed. I'm getting a more powerful heat emitter, and a bigger water bowl tomorrow. so hopefully that will help. I live in a fairly dry climate (high desert); so if i were to put a drip system in to get the vines and branches wet for evaporation, would this work?

7. Dragonflies

Dragonflies Banned User

Have you tried opening the vents? If there isn't much air circulation, the heat source could be causing the moisture to evaporate too quickly.
    You could also try attaching a moist towel to the back wall.

8. kriminaal

Of course introducing any water will help. Try and seal the enclosure up as much as you can. Venting isn't all that important for a python. You'll get air exchange from daily opening of the doors during cleaning and what not.
    Maintaining the humidity inside is important.