This Disappears When Logged In

Don't Underestimate an Adult Carpets Strength! (PICS)

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by Max713, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Max713

Max713 Elite Member

Just minding my own business, watching TV in my living room, when I heard a terrible crunching/shattering sound... Scarlett decided to remodel, that or she wanted out really bad!
    For reference, she is ~7' long, 7 pounds.
    DSC_0026.jpg

Surveying the damage she just inflicted :)
    DSC_0028-1.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

The moral, carpets are strong! Temporarily fixed it with some duct tape, was planning a remodel anyways, I'll see what I can't come up with. No she didn't snap the wood itself... I somewhat rushed the door, the wood was not screwed together, 1/8" plexiglass was supporting the 1x3's.

And a few pics of her getting some exercise afterwards
    DSC_0002.jpg

What a gorgeous shower curtain rod!
    DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

Attached Files:

2. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

HaHa. Good luck with getting everything fixed. It would have been bad if she would have did that while you was gone.

3. Max713

Max713 Elite Member

No kidding!

4. andys3ballpythons

andys3ballpythons Elite Member

wow! even my boa hasnt tried that, yet.

5. Max713

Max713 Elite Member

She's really trying to be a handful tonight. This is the third time I've caught her doing this, and opened her cage and shoo'd her away. She remembers exactly how she got out before, and she's trying it again. And again.... and again. Haha
    I can't hardly be mad, it just make's me smile. Guess you shouldn't underestimate an adult carpets intelligence either!
    Usually she can't get between the wall of her hide (brown box) and the enclosure door, but she's wedging herself in there and physically pushing out on the door, and hard at that!
    DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

Look how far she's pushing it out! The duct tape holding it together is pulled tight.
    And what do you know, as I'm typing this, she's trying again....
    DSC_0013.jpg

For the **** of it, edited one of the earlier pics:
    DSC_0002-22.jpg

Attached Files:

6. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Well, it looks like little Scarlett let you know that she wanted out! All 7 pounds of muscle:p
    She did some damage to her enclosure but glad to hear that she wasn't hurt!
    Looks like she is enjoying that shower curtain rod! That may be a good idea for her next build, having the climbing branches round instead of square edges!

7. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

I really don't think she likes her enclosure. :p

I am glad she decided to escape while you were home. Maybe she just wanted to say hi?

8. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Wow it looks like she's going to keep on trying until she gets OUT,lol. Start building asap! LOL She's bound and determined. :)

9. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

10. Max713

Max713 Elite Member

Haha no kidding!
    I'm also very relieved she didn't hurt herself trying to get out. And after watching her play on the curtain rod, I'm definitely going with PVC type branches in her new enclosure :)

Kinda seems that way doesn't it. I'm glad was there as well, although waking up at 4am this morning with her crawling over my face wasn't exactly appreciated!

She was, and she did. At 4 am this morning, I woke up to her crawling across my face... I was exhausted and didn't want to deal with it, so I put her carrying box on top of her enclosure. Well, her carrying box has small hand holes, she got out of that, and at ~4:35am I woke up to her knocking over a lamp on my nightstand.... So I duct taped the holes closed, and set 3 gallons of paint on top of the box. Such a mischievous girl last night!!!

Right!?

Did a quick fix, ran screws through the 1x3's, the door is rock hard sturdy now, but it will be changed when modifying her enclosure.

11. gapeachkatie

Oh my... I don't know how I would react to a big girl like her in bed with me in the middle of the night. Hopefully you can get her set up and escape proof soon. I hope you can get some sleep tonight without her knocking over lamps or trying to "cuddle" with you.

12. Max713

Max713 Elite Member

It scared the **** out of me!!! Haha, I got over it quick, was just very startling to wake up to snake ribs clawing across my face and neck.
    I secured the door pretty well, she shouldn't be able to get out again, hoping for a good nights sleep as well!

13. KristenNC

KristenNC Elite Member

Wow. That's quite the mischevious girl! I'm glad she didn't get hurt. I love the curtain rod pictures.

14. gapeachkatie

I bet she is going to find a new way out, and I would also take this as a sign that she does not like her enclosure if she is so stubborn about staying in there.

I am sorry you got woken up to that, but I can't help laughing so hard I fell out of my chair, quite literally! LOL

15. Max713

Max713 Elite Member

That she is, thanks!

Well she better like the renovations I'm planning! Haha

I was hoping for a reaction like that, I thought it was pretty funny after my heart stopped beating so fast I could feel it in my eyes! Ha!
    She hangs out with me in my bed pretty regularly, but when your not expecting it, it tends to have a different effect.

16. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Man that's NO WAY to wake up esp. in the dark! lmao!