This Disappears When Logged In

Does This Poo Look Weird? (Burm)

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by AjaMichelle, Jun 24, 2012.

1. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

13e32873.jpg

d8a4810b.jpg

9cab5997.jpg

Attached Files:

2. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

That doesn't look like what my snakes poop. What has he been eating?? It looks runny almost. That could make a difference. Mine only eat rats so far. Maybe I'm wrong though. Hey at least he's pooping though.

3. pandorasbox

pandorasbox Elite Member

are you sure it wasn't a horse???

4. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

That's what I thought too! It does look sort of runny. He eats rabbits. He's been drinking a ton of water over the last few days and I'm thinking he's just really hydrated. I am definitely glad he's pooping. :)

Right? Those tiles are one square inch!

5. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Looks runny, any other signs of anything? keep an eye on him I would say......

6. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

Everything else seems fine. His last poo was little crumbles instead of large softball sized poos.

7. Juice

Juice Member

It kind of looks runny to me but nothing horrible. What do you feed him? Maybe he got water down there to do that. My burm should be pooping soon I'm dreading the day since his poops are bigger than my dogs and smell worse.

8. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

it does look a bit runny, maybe a take a sample in for a parasite exam just in case. Better safe than sorry!

9. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

I would also recommend a fecal exam, but if he has been drinking a lot lately, he can possibly have something else going on. Hope everything is well, and that he gets adjusted to normal bowel movements soon.

10. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

I had taken his water box out of the enclosure and was opting instead for baths every few days because of his scale issues. The scale issue appears to be resolved so I gave him his water box back. As a result, he's been playing in his water CONSTANTLY since. I would say his water consumption is totally normal given the circumstances. He's already cut back on drinking. He had only had his box for about three days before the poop.

I can say pretty positively that he does not have parasites. His rabbits are safely dewormed. However, I can't be 100% sure, so if this happens again I'll definitely have a fecal test done if I am able to.

I think it's just a result of having had so much water to drink before pooping. :)