This Disappears When Logged In

Does This Look Safe for a (Possibly A) Baby Corn Snake?

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Khorne, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Khorne

Khorne Well-Known Member

I know I've been asking alot on here, but I'm just getting started with snake ownership and I'm sure I'll run out of questions soon.
    DSCN5346.JPG The inside, this bit looks safe to me
    DSCN5347.JPG The front, also safe looking, even if the opening is a little small
    DSCN5348.JPG Top, Still safe, but looks a bit crumbly
    DSCN5351.JPG Side one, this one concerns me. It looks really jagged, could Khorne get hurt on it?
    DSCN5352.JPG Another side, looks safe
    DSCN5356.JPG This side also concerned me for the same reasons as the other one.
    Its currently in his cage, not against any walls, on the cold side. So if it IS dangerous for him I need to know soon so I can take it out.

2. Khorne

Khorne Well-Known Member

Going to bed now, hopefully he wont cut him self in the night or anything

3. MorganLeFay

MorganLeFay Elite Member

It doesn't look particularly dangerous to me, but if you're worried then your best bet would be to place the rock somewhere in the middle of the cage, so that it's not anywhere near the walls or other decorations and the snake doesn't have to squeeze himself against it. Alternately, just put the sharpest/roughest edges to the wall and secure the thing so that your snake won't be able to move it. If you feel uneasy about it, take it out - better safe than sorry.

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I think it should be fine, it may help for shedding

5. trappen

trappen Elite Member

If you want to smooth any rough edges you can put it in a pillowcase with some fish gravel and run it through the rinse cycle in the washing machine or just rub the wet gravel into the rock for a while. The gravel will gently round the edges with the help of the water.

6. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

Sand down rough or jagged edges

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Looks just fine to me.