This Disappears When Logged In

Does My Snake Have An Ri

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Ianbritn57, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Ianbritn57

Ianbritn57 New Member

my ball python was in my hands when I felt something drip, I had no clue where it came from, another few minutes went by and another drop, I couldn't see anything and assumed she just drank some water, I looked at her in her tank today and her nostrils appear to be wet but she's not making any sounds like wheezing etc, could it be something that's not serious?

2. EctoJoJo

EctoJoJo Well-Known Member

I'm not too experienced with this issue, but there are some very knowledgeable people here that can help. My suggestion for now would be to make sure your temps / humidity ranges are up to specs and possibly simplify your enclosure as much as possible (ie paper towel substrate etc) to be able to more closely monitor for actual symptoms. The disease section has a good article on RI's for reference. If you do that and post your temps and setup info that could help with providing you with some more info.

AmityReptiles likes this.
  3. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Can't add much, as was said double check the cage conditions to make sure the heat and humidity are where they are supposed to be, and keep an eye on things.