This Disappears When Logged In

Do You Like the Arrangement?

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by Brennan, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Brennan

Brennan Elite Member

This is how I have the driftwood I am going to use in my future leopard gecko cage. Is there not enough space for her to walk around? Could she fall and get hurt if the highest point is 6 inches? The tank is a 20g long by the way. Don't worry I will sand it down a lot more but I just wanted to get a general idea of what I would want to do. One more question, it's a little of topic but is my moist hide big enough, its 2.5 inches high 5 inches long 3 inches wide
    This is view from the front

001.jpg

This is the above view
    006.jpg

This is the moist hide
    005.jpg

If the images dont work, right click them and select "open in a new tab"

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      107.5 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      112.8 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      75.9 KB
      Views:
  2. josh94

josh94 Well-Known Member

I think the woods fine asslong as you clean it and sand it down well, And tis stable and dont move around very easily. Althought ts off topic I tihnk you should probably cover up the sides of your tank so (s)he feels more secure. nd maybe get a hide thats not clear so it can actualy hide:p or just jain or decorate your one

3. Medium

Medium Elite Member

I agree that sanding down rough edges is a good idea, I had to do that with mine. Also makes it real soft for them. A Dremel is the easiest way to sand down rough edges.

Nice idea, you could add a background for extra security. Maybe a fake plant or two.

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi,
    I think the branches will be fine, although they are only small lizards, I would try and fix the two pieces together, you can easily put a couple of screws through from one to the other, that will make it much more stable. I agree with josh94 that it would be a good idea to cover three sides of the tank. You really don`t need to sand it down too much, the gecko can grip on the rougher surface better, but any sharp points can be blunted. I agree too on the non see-through hide, instead of the clear one.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Yes. Sanding it too much will make it harder to climb on.

6. Medium

Medium Elite Member

True, a Leo would need some texture to climb...I was more so talking about the sharp edges. Sharp edges can hurt the Leo. Make those soft and you should be fine.

7. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

I would just make sure it is stable like the others said. If a piece slips when your leo is climbing on it and (s)he gets caught and pinched, or a tail or toe gets stuck, or the leo gets smooshed.....would be bad! AS long as it is secure (and rsharp pieces sanded) though looks great! I do recommend a few more hides though - not sure if those are in the plans or not. One each for hot/cold side plus the humid hide on the hot side. And if you can fit it maybe even an extra one in the middle. :)