This Disappears When Logged In

DO you kiss your herp?

Discussion in 'General' started by jman, Jan 28, 2005.

?

Do you kiss ur herp?

Poll closed Feb 2, 2005.
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Elite Member

I do

I admitt it! lol I cant resist! :D

2. SpeacilK

SpeacilK Elite Member

what is salminalli(sp.)

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It is salmonella. It is a bacteria that exists in the intestines of most animals. It is transferred in the feces.

Here are some articals regarding salmonella. This is something all herp keepers need to be aware of.

http://www.anapsid.org/mainzoonoses.html

4. KrokadilyanGuy3

KrokadilyanGuy3 Elite Member

How can you not kiss a face like this?!

[​IMG]

Seriously;
    Thesis is, nearly all herps carry at least one of the 2000+ strains of Salmonella. Not all strains are easily noticeable, identical, recognizable, one strain may not affect the animal but may affect you, and not all herps are tested, so pretty much it's a thesis.

Incidentally, salmonella cannot be removed from the tract of herps and this pretty much means, if your animal has it, it will continue to have it, meaning you will have to stay on guard, especially if you feed raw meats.

Zane
    Photo belongs to a friend, Baz

5. Moldypotato

Moldypotato Elite Member

I don't kiss my herps. They don't deserve such torture!

6. Locklynn

Locklynn Elite Member

I admit it i do kiss my snakes...once in awhile...mainly just kissy noises. My husband laughs at me anytime I put any of them close to my face. He always says, " I'm going to laugh so hard when they bite the end of your nose!"

7. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I would never actually kiss a herp because of the risk of disease involved but I still love them lots.

8. Sean Boyd

Sean Boyd Elite Member

I kiss my herps. Lol they are two cute. once i kissed my snapping turtle and he kissed back, painfully!

9. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I used to kiss sally and jack all the time cuz when i had jack out hed lick mty face all the time, lol..so one time after he licked me i stuck my tongue out and pretrended like i was gonna lick him back and the next thing i know hes got his tongue on mine!! never gonna do that again...LOL now you guys prob think im weird...hehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.