This Disappears When Logged In

DIY Hammock?

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by cassicat4, Nov 16, 2012.

1. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

I need to make a large-scale hammock like the small ones sold by Zoo-med. The most difficult part has been tracking down the appropriate mesh to do so. I'm unsure if any store will sell exactly what they use, so does anyone know what kind I should look for, or where I can find some? I would like it to resemble the Zoo-med mesh as much as possible, as it has very little give/flexibility and is tightly woven so claws can't get caught in it.

EDIT: I just realized this could be misconstrued weirdly. Yes, the hammock is for a REPTILE, not me. ;)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Why worry so much about it being mesh? Seems denim or some other sturdy fabric would work just as well. Either way check a large scale fabric store or for the mesh check garden stores as the shade material should be similar.

3. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

It needs to withstand high humidity (going in my water dragon's enclosure) so I'm not sure how well solid fabrics or denim will work. That's a good idea with the garden store, never thought about the shade material.

4. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

You can still check fabric stores for an outdoor mesh as well.

5. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Indoor/outdoor carpet would work as well if you melt the edges to prevent the dragons digits from becoming caught in the fray.