This Disappears When Logged In

Dimitri

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by Demonic_Rage, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demonic_Rage

Demonic_Rage Elite Member

Well Dimitri shed Friday :) He now mesures 32 inches long. I will post some pics of him and my others hopefully. He fed (pre-killed) on a medium large mouse and was looking for more. do you guys think I should bump his feed up?

2. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Great news. Can't wait to see pics! Yeah, I would increase his food - what he eats should leave a noticable bump in him. Will he eat rats? How thick is he at his thickest part? - remember a snake can eat something that is upto 1-1 and a half times the thickest part of its body. :)

3. Demonic_Rage

I don't think he could handle a rat at this point in time. He was underfed when I bought him. I will defiantly pick up two mediums next week. Until I can get time to send an order to rodent pro. Frozen is so much easier. As for the thickest part of him He is smaller than a half doller. I can't wait to get pics of him up. IMO he is one of the best lookin BCIs I have seen all year. Very light in color to a deep orange/red tail.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I think its time to bump up the feed. Mine is 27 inches and takes large adult mice or rat pups.

5. Demonic_Rage

Okay will definaly get on rodent pro this evening and get some rat pups headed this way. Thanks guys for the help.

6. Demonic_Rage

Well I got on rodent pro eairlier today and got an order in. I bought rat weanling. Judgeing on the size of the pic I thinkm he should be able to chow one of them down and be nice and happy. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.