This Disappears When Logged In

Digital Thermometers & Hygrometers

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by Orca, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Orca

Orca Elite Member

I'm looking for brands of good, accurate digital thermometers and hygrometers. The kind with the the probe so I can get the exact reading at any point in an enclosure. I have a digital thermometer - it's a Hagen Exoterra one - but is that a reliable one? I lost my good hygrometer and can't remember what kind it was.

2. Dragonscalestudios

Dragonscalestudios Elite Member

I picked up my thermo/hygro at Wal-Mart for about $12. It seems accurate. I tested 3 different thermometers and they all came out at the same temp as the one I bought.

3. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

I love my super sonic secret decoder ring infra red (o.k. maybe the name is exaggerated) therma tempgun. Merlin suggested it and it comes with a hilarious insert/directions for use.

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I get my thermo/hygrometers online, for about $7 each, and they come with a probe (like a ten foot wire! more than I need, but for that price, who can argue?)

5. Dragonscalestudios

Dragonscalestudios Elite Member

Yah, mine has a probe as well, with 6 feet of wire (forgot to mention that part)

6. ShAn3

ShAn3 Elite Member

I got mine for like $20 but its wire is too short LOL

7. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Merlin recommended a PE-2 tempgun from ProExotics.com. It has a red beam that shows you the exact temp at whatever you point it at within a second. It's very cool! I can't remember what I paid for it,lol.
    But I just love it.

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The thermometers and hygrometers that I get at the hardware store are Accurite brand.

9. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

I also use the Accurite products. You can pick one up with a remote probe, humidity and temp gauges, and a min/max feature. I got mine for under $10 at Home Depot

10. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Yep I have an accurite with a probe. Works great.

11. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I use the heck out of my Tempgun! They are great for spot checking things but having a good thermometer in the cage all the time lets you constantly monitor things.