This Disappears When Logged In

Diamond python

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by redgirl77, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redgirl77

redgirl77 Elite Member

Again, another wishlist item... but I thought I'd share a pic of a gorgeous diamond python at Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, SC...

[​IMG]

2. BandyBandy

BandyBandy Member

Hey red, we can pick em up in the bush over here mate :)
    they are just carpet snakes that live in a cold part of australia.
    I think I have 5 or 6 of em here and they breed like bunnys.
    I will swap ya a diamond for one of your cool boa's !! deal ??

lol
    only kidding about the swap thing and even though we do find em in the bush here we are not able to keep them as our laws stop us from taking ANY snake from the wild.

I would post a pic of some but I dont know how to do it.
    I am only new to all this.
    Do you like yellow ones or white ones ??
    Richard.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Lucky dog! Carpets are beautiful!
    I prefer the yellow ones!

4. redgirl77

redgirl77 Elite Member

I kinda lean towards yellow myself. Feel free to email me any pics and I can post or resize them for you. You can also upload them to www.photobucket.com and paste the image url into the img button when you are posting here. Lemme know if you need any help!

5. BandyBandy

BandyBandy Member

First try at a photo

OK lets give this a go.

These are some diamonds that were bred by a friend of mine 2 years ago, I now own the best one of the bunch.

6. redgirl77

redgirl77 Elite Member

:eek: I'm jealous! See, I need to just move to AU! LOL Those sure are some pretty snakes!!! I love diamonds. I've read, though, that they aren't as easy as carpets... is that true? Are they more tempermental? (Not that that would ever stop me! LOL)

7. BandyBandy

BandyBandy Member

more diamonds

This is a nice one im working on at the moment.
    Will be ready too breed next year.
    What do you think ?

8. BandyBandy

BandyBandy Member

re diamonds

No not at all.
    The rule of thumb with diamonds is they will eat anything any time.
    I have never been bitten by a diamond or even struck at and we have some pretty big ones.
    The problem you have prolly heard about is that they are the only python from here that hibernates. You have to put then in a cold place ( round 15deg c ) for 2 to 3 months or you shorten the life of the snake and it wont breed and thats no big deal.

Be easy for you guys, you could just put them outside in the snow for a while.

Richard.

9. redgirl77

redgirl77 Elite Member

Snow?!? Not in Charleston, SC, hun! LOL I hate snow actually. It did snow a tad last year and a couple years before that, but before then, it hadn't snowed here in 10 yrs. Our winter temps to get around 32 fnht (freezing temp) but not for too long. At any rate, I just love the pattern of the diamond python! They are just sooo beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your pics!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.