This Disappears When Logged In

David's Boa Bite Pics!

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by missabrat, Jun 27, 2011.

1. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Ok everyone here they are, David McConley's Boa bite pics!

Attached Files:

2. Flint

Flint Elite Member

wow!! she really clamped on there!! you're a trooper for gettin those pics right after David :p

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Holly Mackerel David! How many bits did she get in? Ouch, look at that bruise, she used you as a pin cushion!

4. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Man, thank God it was only your hand. I'm surprised it bruised like that. Nice pictures by the way. :)

5. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Missabrat, I can't thank you enough! I have been trying for a week to get those pictures up. Flint, it was fairly easy...I had my phone, so I just clicked away. Michele, that is 2 bite marks. She actually punctured the veins on top and on bottom of my wrist, causing hematomas on each surface of my arm. The swelling was really hard on me, (difficult to move my arm). The boa was a rescue and I guess she decided my arm looked kind of tasty, because I had to pry her mouth off using my other hand. She was NOT going to let me go (such devotion)! Anyway, thanks to missabrat for posting the photos!

6. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

You are more than welcome my friend, I knew if I needed it you would do the same for me!

7. David McConley

Absolutely! Any time!

8. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

all i can say is OUCH!!!!!!.......I'm just glad none of mine have mouths/teeth that large...(the worst case scenario for me and my Luna is MAYBE her getting a hold of my thumb or finger.) The things we reptile owners have to deal with to enjoy our "family members".....Good thing we love them so much;)

9. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

Dang... that's kind of painful looking. Hopefully it is healing nicely. :) Btw, good camera quality for a phone.

10. David McConley

Yep, I love her as much as I do any of my little babies...even my big Burmese. It hurt worse than any bite I've ever had (even the Burmese bites). Until now, they all bit and let go-she just hung on and wrapped around my arm three times.

11. mld

wow, sounds like your hand was going to be her next meal! :eek:
    I can't get over just how strong they are, like one big muscle!

12. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Holy moly, I guess I would keep some nice booze around,LOL.
    (I think I would need it more than the snake Haha)
    All I can think to say is YOUCH!!

13. mld

I agree, a nice bottle of vodka would be a good idea for both of you! A little sniff for her, a little on the bite and a swig for you!

14. David McConley

Booze around in plain sight is a no-no! I have a 4 year old running around and I do not need a drunk day care kid stumbling all over the house. Just can't have it, I will take the pain.

15. aquarles

aquarles Elite Member

I will be praying for that arm of yours!! I hope it gets to feeling better. Alternate ice and heat :) I'm sure you know that already! LOL Your a trooper for sure!

16. David McConley

The arm is doing fine! The bite area is nicely healed and is now just a little bit of a faint scar. I thank everyone for their concern and will be sure to post more pictures when I get bitten again... it is just a matter of time. ;)

17. mld

I was thinking of you when I was at my mothers place, she has a cat, Siamese, usually he is great but is getting older now and only like to be petted on his terms. Well, he bit me and I was thinking I should get some pictures of my bite, then I chuckled and though of you and how you like pictures of getting tagged!
    I guess I'll wait for a snake bite to show my pictures, my bite was so small and minor in comparison to a snake bit!

18. David McConley

You should have posted it. Blood is blood after all. :D

19. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

That's gotta be the best bite picture I've seen yet! Congrats! LOL

20. David McConley

Thanks, I am constantly working to improve my bite pictures. I guess the only way to improve on this is to deglove a finger or lose a piece of my hand. LOL! :D