This Disappears When Logged In

Daughter's Fire Belly Toad is Sick

Discussion in 'Toads' started by frogmommy, Nov 19, 2014.

1. frogmommy

frogmommy New Member

This is a photo of an old post but my daughter's frog has the same thing going on only it looks about 10 times worse. We've soaked her in Lamisil, as suggested, for the past two days but it seems to be getting worse. Does anyone know if they recover from this sort of thing? It looks bad

Attached Files:

2. LillithTheSpider

LillithTheSpider Active Member

I am no expert but that looks like a bad fungal infection =( What kind of set up do you have? How often do you clean it? Does the frog have any open wounds?

3. frogmommy

frogmommy New Member

We have had the same set up and the same frogs for about 3 years and this is the first time I've ever seen anything like this. She changes the water regularly, the other frog is fine. I don't think it can recover. It has no open wounds but it looks awful with the white stuff

4. LillithTheSpider

LillithTheSpider Active Member

if you haven't already, I would separate the sick frog away from the healthy one asap. Fungal infections can be very contagious if that is what it is.

5. frogmommy

frogmommy New Member

Thank you for the advice. That was the first thing that we did, was separate the frogs. Yesterday was day 3 of the Lamasil and she seems to be making a little improvement. We'll give her a few more days and see how she does.

6. frogmommy

frogmommy New Member

Can we put neosporin or something similar on a fire belly toad to promote healing of an open wound?

7. Frogsrule

Frogsrule Active Member

Yes, you can. However, it is VERY important that the neosporin have no pain reliever. Even a little bit can and will kill your frog.