This Disappears When Logged In

D'alberts Python?

Discussion in 'Pythons *General*' started by Pharoahound, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

I ended up meeting this guy today-and he mentioned something about a snake to another guy, and it turns out his son got a white lipped python and left for college and he can't take it with him. So he gave his father permission to sell it.( the dad said hes had nightmares of the snake since he's got it lol!) He said its about a year old and his son had it since it was a baby. He said he'd take 75 dollars for the snake and 150 for both snake and cage. The cage is 5 feet long 4 feet tall and about 1.5 feet wide. (with various decorations, light fixtures and he mentioned a fogger) With has windows for sliding doors. I don't know much about them but I've seen pictures of them before. And the guy showed me pictures of the snake and it looks pretty healthy-but before I'd buy it id go see it. Are they hard to keep? I've heard the humidity levels are hard to keep? I was going to get a Res Tail for Christmas and were making a large out door enclosure but I think I might get this guy instead-seeing if he's in ok shape first. Say the snake looks healthy and the cage is in ok condition/constructed well is that a good deal for them?

2. king1239

king1239 Elite Member

I dont know anything about prices but i do know they are amazing animals.

3. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

From what I've read of them they're not bad to keep. It seems like a large cage they have it in. Guess more space is always better but it may be hard to hold your humidity and heat. I'll be curious to see what the outcome is :)

4. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

I'm going to go check him out tomorrow :) I might just get the snake and put him in a different enclosure It was the sons only pet to I guess he spoiled it. (also the dad said he could just sell the cage on Craigslist I've been emailing him lol) I am really excited about it! I hope he's in good shape, he also told me he eats a rat pup every other week-but the son has been gone for 3 weeks and he doesn't have the stomach to feed him. Also there is a big bag of rat pups in the freezer he said I "have" to take if I buy him. ;) free food for da snake.

5. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

You could get the cage for something else. It is a very good price for decorations and cage. Plus won't you need the lights?

6. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

I have tons of all sorts of lights but I guess I could... And it gives me an excuse to get something else...maybe a baby carpet python or something. Since I don't know what could go in their, I want a blood python but they aren't aboreal? Maybe I could divide it top and bottom?

7. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

You could depending on the way the door is setup. And extra cages are always handy.

8. JoeyG

Could also get a chondro and make that cage a super enclosure for it ;)

9. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I wondered how long it would be before you said that! In that case I would like to point out lizards would work really well in such a cage!

10. JoeyG

What can I say they're my weakness :x

11. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

hmmmm....hmmmmmm ive never had one before! i'll see whats at the expo next month ;)

12. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

There are always chondro a at the expos I go to. Sure it's no different where you are.

13. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

well yes but I have tok see if anything else is there I cant live without.