This Disappears When Logged In

CWD with little bumps on his underside (BIG picture)

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by LiveSquid, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiveSquid

LiveSquid Elite Member

Ok. I offered to send them a picture just so they could see if it was serious enough or if it could wait. While it was still uploading the email I got a call back and was told not to bother, thats not gona help the Dr. He thinks from my description that its either tumors or abcesses. OMG! Tumors?! Abcesses?! Glad you guys made me call a vet!

I drop him off at the clinic tomorrow morning and theyll take a look and work up an estimate and call me. Sounds a lot like going to the mechanic. At least he'll be fixed up soon. Although it would prolly be cheaper to just get a new dragon...:eek: Nah, I wouldnt do that. Im already attached to this one and he needs me apparently.

Brandon

2. venus

venus Founding Member

I honestly dont think its tumors,,,but who am I :p....Good luck keep us posted.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I agree. It looks more like irritation from bites to me.
    I would think it would be odd to have that many tumors spring up simultaneously in a large area.
    But I am not a vet.

4. LiveSquid

LiveSquid Elite Member

Whew! That makes me feel loads better. I know Rich trusts you and that says a lot to me about your knowledge base. But even if its not tumors, there still is the risk of it being abcesses which (according to the doc) would mean theres an infection throughout the body (omg!). But even if its simply mites, he said theyll treat that with injection.

You guys will hear more news tomorrow. Youll all be the first(s) to know.

5. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I dont think its abscess, My youngest WD had an abscess and it was alottt worse then your WDs bumps. As the others have said it looks like irritation form bites

6. LiveSquid

LiveSquid Elite Member

Thanks, Savannah. I surely hope you guys are right. I wonder if he ever even looked at the picture I sent them.

Ennyhoo, we'll all know for sure tomorrow. I'll drop him off between 7am and 9am and I guess he calls me when he calls me, or when his nurse calls me. Maybe I'll even ask them to sex him if they can do it without probing.

7. mshrmheadcharge

Hes too young to sex. He looks like a male tho.

8. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Yeah my vote is irritation, not tumors...or abcesses..I spend all day lancing and draining abcesses so I say that they are not.

9. LiveSquid

LiveSquid Elite Member

Well, Ive got very little sorta sad news, some good news and some better news.. Heres the new details.

Dropped him off this morning and got a call from the tech that the dr couldnt see any bumps, where are they so he can look better? I reminded her about the picture I emailed (she had forgotten) and I told her to scroll down and to the right, and where to look. So the dr was gonna put on his magnifying glasses and take a closer look.

So heres the sad, good and better news.

Good news. Theres nothing wrong with him. No external parasites, no active infections, no nothing. But they are gonna hold him for a while to see if they can get a fecal sample.

Sad news. The bumps arent really bumps, theyre little scabs and cracks from shedding that healed up poorly. He was in a not-so-good environment before.

Better news. As he sheds, provided I take proper care of him, they will come off and eventually he will have normal coloration there. The dr says that my care (wrote them a note about his environment, diet, activity, lights, etc) is right on track.

Oh, and he is definitely a male which is nice because I dont have to change his name now.

So thanks for the help, the well wishing, and everything else. I am happy to report I have a healthy little dragon.

10. venus

venus Founding Member

Thats awesome LS!!! I'm glad he is happy and healthy and in your care. Thanks for the update.

11. LiveSquid

LiveSquid Elite Member

Booo! Hisss! Dumb ole lizard!

not bad, not good, but more news nonetheless..

They got a fecal sample from him and turns out that he has Giardia (a flagellate bacteria) and Strongyles (worms). They treated him with Panacur and will need to repeat in two weeks. Im glad they found it else I wouldve brought him home sick and he just wouldve gotten worse. Dumb ole lizard.

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Thats good news.
    At least now you can set your mind at ease about abcesses and tumors!

13. LiveSquid

LiveSquid Elite Member

[​IMG]
    Its naught a toomah!

Pain in the butt is that I have to sanitize his tank, discard all his wood, etc, and start over. :( I liked his current setup. I'm currently pressure cooking his repti-carpet to sterilize it :cool:.

14. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

hopefully he clears up and recovers completely for you. good to know its not tumors or anything really serious like that. good luck with him. :)

lol love the kindergarten cop pic. i thought of that too with the tumors. :p :D that cracked me up.

15. venus

venus Founding Member

LOL...I love that movie. At least he will healthy when your done and starting over istn to bad, lol..

16. karamu8201

karamu8201 Elite Member

Congrats on the good news! It seems like he's right on track for a healthy underside recovery. Good to hear you didn't give up on the lil' guy :).

17. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

i am glad you took it to the vet...most people never end up really going! Well done..and i am sure he will be top in no time... have fun cleaning everything...haha

18. LiveSquid

LiveSquid Elite Member

Haha, yourself. Im already done. :p I even already have his staghorn back in there. His carpet thing shrunk in the pressure cooker. It doesnt quite fit anymore. lol. Ive got a new branch to cut down to fit and ... Now I just have to get a new thermometer, pot up some new cuttings, and saw some arms off a branch so it fits. No biggie.

I cant believe that people really dont go. It wasnt cheap, but its better than a sick and miserable lizard! Thats just mean. (Plus, I managed to talk the nurse into comping the fecal float because they were supposed to call me before they did anything with an estimate but I wasnt called until he was all done.. (I felt kind of guilty, but Im sure theyll make it up next time I go in lol.)

I drop him off in two weeks again so they can give him more Panacur. I wish they would let me come by and get it instead of having to drop him off.

Thanks for all the support, yall.

19. venus

venus Founding Member

Thats weird, most vets will just send it home. Make sure you arnt charged another office visit!! :p

20. mshrmheadcharge

Glad to hear you took him, and that it wasnt tumors or abscesses(haha I think we pretty much figured it wasnt any of those:p) He will be better in no tome, CWD recover like champs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.