This Disappears When Logged In

CWD Enclosure

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by melodybirdsong, Sep 22, 2009.

1. it's really not as hard as you think to build a cage. I just started by building a large wooden frame, then added plywood to the sides. Silicone sealed it and then painted it all with the proper paints/silicones. Added the floor (plywood), added doors and lights, then decorated! All in all, I spent around $400 dollars to set the whole thing up. IMO, that's a lot cheaper than buying a premade cage. That price includes lights, pumps, everything!

2. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

That is really amazing, you have done an excellent job indeed. Just a word of advice, next time, take photos as you go and post it up so we all can follow and learn, that will safe lots of questions.:D

So where is the lucky Dragon?

3. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

It looks beautiful! You did a wonderful job -- it was worth the wait!

4. Ha, thanks everyone. I woulda done a tutorial type thing but the only problem is I myself didn't really know where I was going with it till I got there. They only pictures I managed to take in the making of it are these:
    The frame: (the little horizontal stick was to represent where the floor base would be made)
    endofapril040.jpg
    Trying to get all the inside figured out.
    LizardCageProgress006.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Its looking great! That's going to be a very attractive enclosure!

6. leogecko88

leogecko88 Member

It's fantastic! Where did you get those branches?

7. They're pieces of drift wood I collected at Pickwick Dam off of the Tennessee river. I scrubbed them down with a mild bleach solution and let them dry in the sun. I only cut one of them, which is the large one going across the top. I'm recycling from nature! hah :)