This Disappears When Logged In

CWD Enclosure

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by Dragoness, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

:)Just got this today for my CWD. It's 75x36x23 inches. Needs some cleaning, and work in general, as it was an open-air outdoor cage. Since it's now going to be indoors, I'll be attaching removable panels to the sides and front to help maintain heat and humidity. It's weeks away from habitation, but I started working on it tonight, cleaning, staining/sealing wood, cutting panels, etc.

Can't wait to get it done! I'll get more pics up when I can.

[​IMG]

2. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

looks like it will be great!

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Good find! Nice and big!

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Yeah, since it was outdoors, it needs some cleaning, and staining/waterproofing. Work is going fast, but it'll still be weeks before all the fumes clear out enough to satisfy me.

I might consider getting a few more CWD's down the line. I'd love to get a male, but i don't want breeding - the cage is dividable though, so it might be workable. Otherwise i'd stick with another female. Right now I have one female, and now that she's out of 'rehab' i wanted to get her into a bigger enclosure. The cage she is in is small, a 40 gallon tupperware w/ screen lid. It's time for an upgrade.

Got a lovely dark stain for the wood to cover the weathering it's had. Found a treefrog on the cage after staining - unharmed, after the cage had been moved around quite a bit (into a van, up three flights of stairs, stained, vacuumed, etc)

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Awww poor little frog. FYI its probably not going to make it though. The fumes will get him eventually. They don't do good with that sort of stuff.

I would stick with one WD, Its about the right size for one.

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

One it is - she can be an only child, cause that's how I treat all my animals.

I feel bad for the poor froggy! He was very active when we found him, we had a darned fun time trying to catch him. After we got him, I put him in a small clean tank briefly and misted him with dechlorinated water. let him go the next morning, and he seemed fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.