This Disappears When Logged In

Cut nose

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by Microscope Jockey, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

I just took Duke out and he has a cut on his nose. I think he did it himself while shedding. I didn't realize he was in shed but the humidity dropped in here with the temps yesterday and he sometimes has trouble with shed on his nose. Anyway I was just swabbing it with a bit of warm water and he seems to have gotten himself pretty good and it's bleeding again. What shall I do?

DISCLAIMER: NO I will not put an OC antibiotic ointment on it and as a pathologist I do not endorse its use on animals or humans due to the increasing problem with antibiotic resistant strains of pathogenic bacteria.

2. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

I would keep bathing it regulary, dab it dry then dab a bit of unscented talc or something on to dry up the bleeding, if you dont want to use ointments, don't know just a suggestion :rolleyes:

3. Chui'smommy

Chui'smommy Active Member

Use the oldie put a little cornstarch on it. It helps with clotting.

4. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Do you have something like tamodine (diluted iodine) over there? - it is to be used on open wounds and heals really well. When using it for cleansing Rocky's mouth we dilute it further to make it very weak, and when using it on open wounds on the body we make the solution stronger. It works well to heal and also prevents infection.

Poor Duke.. maybe he got a little over-excited when you put him with his girls :p

5. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

That's a good idea I'll try that since the cut is close to his mouth. No he wasn't excited he's just a bit of a moron and has very sharp claws. He's done it once before but it wasn't bad. I've been letting him run around on the livingroom floor (which does get him overly excited) trying to wear down the talons a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.