This Disappears When Logged In

Custom Vivs/Encloures Ideas and Such

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by KapteeniAnu, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I personally wouldnt use silicone as a sealant as it can degrade. i would ise polyeurethane or some other liquid sealer.
    here are a couple links that might help:
    reptile terrarium rock wall background
    Gather Materials and Tools. This one has more detailed instructions, it is actually for a cave but same principles apply to making a background. Look at this link first as it will probably help you the most.
    Building a Custom Rock Background | The Reptile Report
    Fake Rock Instructional for a Reptile Enclosure Another fairly simple step by step
    How To Make A Realistic 3D Background For Your Aquarium Or Reptile Tank Not quite as helpful as the others but still an ok read. It does have a slightly more complicated way of doing it.

2. KapteeniAnu

KapteeniAnu Elite Member

Thank you so much! Sorry for being such a pain!

3. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

No problem. Make sure when you do the enclosure it is atleast 4x3x6.

4. KapteeniAnu

KapteeniAnu Elite Member

Will do. New dimensions for it have been changed to 6high 2.5deep 4long, so I know it's not ideal, but 3 feet i the deepested we can actually make it, and that would leave no space to walk in front of it, so the 2 1/2 is better than just two or even one I figured.

5. KapteeniAnu

KapteeniAnu Elite Member

Also, I decided to take Lizard-Landscapes approach with the interior of the cage. Going to sculpt everything out with Styrofoam, and cover it in grout, paint it, seal it. So on so forth. Going to be a long messy process, but I'm artistic, and really look forward to getting really creative.

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

2.5 will work. Is it going in a hallway?
    Sounds like it will be pretty.

7. KapteeniAnu

KapteeniAnu Elite Member

I am aiming for extravagance, and it is going in a bedroom. Even downsizing my bed for it! We plan on making it in four parts, so that we can carry it from the basement, which is where we will be building mot of it, to the bedroom. This way none of the fumes are in my bedroom when it is being completed. Only thing that will need to be done in the bedroom itself, is putting the vines and such in it. The background will all be done and cured within the basement, and re assembled upstairs.

8. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Sounds like you have a fairly good idea of what you want. Remember to post pics when you start.

9. KapteeniAnu

KapteeniAnu Elite Member

I plan on taking hundreds of picture throughout it. Probably going to start a thread for it.

10. KapteeniAnu

KapteeniAnu Elite Member

^Hundred is exaggerating xD